Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

My Basher hittin the launch ramp.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:46 PM
mikewoodkozar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Basher hittin the launch ramp.

Here is a short video i made of the LST1 that i got a super duper good deal on, since i got the bone stock LST1, i have added:

the full LST2 update kit
aluminum spindles
dynamite engine chassis brace
BAC link
yellow springs
new era roll bar
forward only conversion (with swapped ti gear)
orion V6 clutch
sleeved bell and custom mounts, etc etc.

This is the second video i have made so its not the greatest and my camera doesnt shoot video very well, but never the less, its been fun. And i dont seem so bashful about launching this one into the air vs. my lightweight carbon fiber racer. Like i said it was fun and seeing the LST fly should be great for you newbs out there who are always asking how durable this truck is.

Everytime i run the basher i like it more and more, the LST has such grace in the air! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Jvz81R-zA
Old 06-20-2006, 12:47 AM
hissyfit10

Default RE: My Basher hittin the launch ramp.

cool did anything break?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:19 AM
JSRacer

Great video, keeps em coming!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:27 AM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: hissyfit10

cool did anything break?
The short answer is no.

The last jump of the two or three days of filming i it the ramp in the wrong spot and landed on one wheel on the sidewalk (its in the crash section of the video). That crash was entirely my fault and casued a little carnage (good thing i have enough spares to build a whole truck!). Here is what broke; little plastic diff ring, metal rear chassis top deck, the plastic that sits underneath it, a suspension arm, the fuel tank cracked open cause the metal chassis that broke stabbed it pretty good, and the steering tie rod popped off (but was easily popped back on).

I really feel that if i had not hit the sidewalk with that nasty crash the LST would have walked away good as new, because up until that crash it was showing no signs of damage, stupid me!

Key is if you are jumping your LST really high, make sure you only jump it with a half tank or less of fuel as it will be much less pressure and make it less likely to bust a fuel tank (unless it gets stabbed like mine).

I also tightened every screw on the truck after every tank, i think that helps a little too.

I am gllad you guys like it, having fun is what this hobby is all about!