Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

~*~*~anyone own the aftershock????~*~*~

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:35 AM
*Nitstklr72*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~*~*~anyone own the aftershock????~*~*~

post about it
Old 07-02-2006, 01:27 PM
*Nitstklr72*

Default RE: ~*~*~anyone own the aftershock????~*~*~

guess not team losi made a video of it
Old 07-02-2006, 01:35 PM
mikewoodkozar

got a link to the video?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:50 PM
*Nitstklr72*

ok here are the broadband ones [link=http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0012_hi.wmv]wmv version[/link] and the [link=http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0012_hi.mov]quicktime version[/link] hope they work but if not go to [link=http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/ProductGallery.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0012]this link[/link]
Old 07-02-2006, 06:06 PM
mikewoodkozar

I am less than impressed, i wonder how many suspension arms they broke during the making of that video?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Cal-Torque

It's on an identical platform to the LST I & II, so I'm not following how it could be any less impressive?
I saw it the other day. It's an awesome starter truck. Losi left out stuff that I never use (reverse, high/low), and a synthesized radio isn't a necessity for someone starting out.
I think that thay hit a homerun... It gets them to a price point that's comparable to other trucks, but you're still getting more value IMO. And, people can still "upgrade" to LST II specs if they feel the need. Losi's going to sell LOTS of these.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 PM
mikewoodkozar

Well, losi could have at least put the LST2 arms on it. LST1 arms blow, and blow hard!

I guess its a good deal if all you want to do is fool around in your backyard and annoy your neighbors. If you want to upgrade to full LST2 specs down the road its not a good deal at all.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Cal-Torque

I agree on the arms, but most guys are running RPM anyways.
As for any other LST II "upgrades", I wouldn't bother. I never use reverse or high/low on my LST, and it just adds weight. Tires and rims? Newbs aren't going to care for bashing. Engine...427 may be a mild improvement, but most people would jump up to a .32 when they are ready anyways. Shocks? In general, I've found plastic body shocks to be excellent. They have a bit more flex, and you bend less shafts (especially with the Savage). And, when they do pack it in, they're cheap to replace. Radio? XS3 is no longer cutting edge technology... I'd rather take the savings and put it into Spektrum.
Just my opinions. I've been in this hobby for quite a while now, and my perspective now is more about functionality. I think that Losi has done a great job of cutting out the fat. This truck will embarass some rides with more show than go...
Old 07-03-2006, 08:04 AM
*Nitstklr72*

this truck seams good for me im used to not having reverse and im getting the spectrum DX2 but i dont whant to think that far ahead if i got it would be in a year
Old 07-03-2006, 09:37 AM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

I agree on the arms, but most guys are running RPM anyways.
As for any other LST II "upgrades", I wouldn't bother. I never use reverse or high/low on my LST, and it just adds weight. Tires and rims? Newbs aren't going to care for bashing. Engine...427 may be a mild improvement, but most people would jump up to a .32 when they are ready anyways. Shocks? In general, I've found plastic body shocks to be excellent. They have a bit more flex, and you bend less shafts (especially with the Savage). And, when they do pack it in, they're cheap to replace. Radio? XS3 is no longer cutting edge technology... I'd rather take the savings and put it into Spektrum.
Just my opinions. I've been in this hobby for quite a while now, and my perspective now is more about functionality. I think that Losi has done a great job of cutting out the fat. This truck will embarass some rides with more show than go...
Wrong! I am using the stock LST2 arms with no problems whatsoever. I never said add reverse, hi/lo, and almost every .32 is a waste of time and money, a .28 displacement engien can give you just as much horse and way more RPM's. My modded MAch .26 could run circles around most .30+ big blocks. It is really such a misconception that a bigger displacement motor is the end all solution for monster trucks. And the plastic shocks, give me a break! Maybe tht might fly in a Salvage, but come on Losi, what gives?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Kahunas

Mike- how would it come out dollar wise if you would have started with the Aftershock instead of an LST2? Did you replace the radio gear? For how many parts that you replaced on yours, wouldn't you have been better off starting with an Aftershock and possibly saving a couple hundred bucks? Just trying to see value per buck if a guy had intentions of building the truck up gradually over time.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:47 AM
PillowPants

~*~*~No I do not own an Aftershock~*~*~
Old 07-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Chronic

The LST2 arms are HUGE improvement over the LST1 arms.... they last a whole 20 minutes longer before they snap like a twig.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Cal-Torque

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

And the plastic shocks, give me a break! Maybe tht might fly in a Salvage, but come on Losi, what gives?
Dude, that's such a newb statement... So, tell me what's so great about alloy body shocks? Other than adding bling (and weight), NOTHING. I've never cracked a plastic shock body, so don't make any comments about durability.
Regarding engines, you're sort of right. There's nothing wrong with the smaller displacements. They do generally have higher RPMs. It all comes down to gearing. A high end .21 will spank most bigger blocks... But, my comment was that "most people would jump up to a .32". Right or wrong, I think that's reasonably accurate.
Anyways, let's let people that actually own this truck post here. This is just a lot of educated speculation. Let's hear how this truck really performs.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
carguy70001

Well, I have owned many Monster trucks from the Stampede to the Twin TiTan. The Aftershock is great as a racer, lightweight and with a couple of performance mods it will be a winner. Mods will include replacement wheels and tires, running a single steering servo and possibly replacing the Stock 26SS. I've owned mine for a week and it seems like a good, in-expensive racer.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:52 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: carguy70001

Well, I have owned many Monster trucks from the Stampede to the Twin TiTan. The Aftershock is great as a racer, lightweight and with a couple of performance mods it will be a winner. Mods will include replacement wheels and tires, running a single steering servo and possibly replacing the Stock 26SS. I've owned mine for a week and it seems like a good, in-expensive racer.
Many have tried, all have failed..
Old 07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
ThermalRD

The aftershock is nothing but a way to sell off old LST1 parts. This thing still has LST1 cvd's, and axles right? That reason alone would steer me away. The pipe and header are two piece, not one piece anymore. With how often these pipes and headers get damaged on LST's, i can only imagine how often that rubber exhaust coupler would come off the 2 piece pipe design of the After shock. In my eyes, i just cant see why anyone would buy this truck. I would like to think its a good truck, but i just dont see it. Upgrade it to an LST2, and yer likely over the cost of actually buying the LST2 to begin with. Oh, but i do like the body. I'll have to buy one clear, and paint it up. lol
Old 07-03-2006, 05:02 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

And the plastic shocks, give me a break! Maybe tht might fly in a Salvage, but come on Losi, what gives?
Dude, that's such a newb statement... So, tell me what's so great about alloy body shocks? Other than adding bling (and weight), NOTHING. I've never cracked a plastic shock body, so don't make any comments about durability.
Regarding engines, you're sort of right. There's nothing wrong with the smaller displacements. They do generally have higher RPMs. It all comes down to gearing. A high end .21 will spank most bigger blocks... But, my comment was that "most people would jump up to a .32". Right or wrong, I think that's reasonably accurate.
Anyways, let's let people that actually own this truck post here. This is just a lot of educated speculation. Let's hear how this truck really performs.
Dont even get me started, i have been in the RC hobby for 15 years now, is that still a newb? Have you seen my racer? I dont think there is a ounce of bling anywhere on the truck, and my hard anodized threaded shock bodies are by far superior in everyway than the plastic. And yes, i have broken plastic shock bodies on other trucks before.

Gearing or not, .30+ engines are a overinflated hype altogether, why would you mess with gearing (especialy when losi obviously doesnt want us to with the advent of there one piece bells). Hands down the right engine in the LST is not a .30+, at least i havent seen one yet that suits the LST well.

Furthermore, its a discussion forum, i have seen one up close and i can speculate with my years of expierence how i please. And i will cntinue to post where i want.

And finally, thank you Thermal!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Cal-Torque

Yes, you're an RC god, and the LST II is the best truck EVER.
Keep believing your hype. The higher your post count, the more you know. Keep up the good work.

Seriously though, you really think that Losi went to one piece bells to stop people from changing the gearing? Holy crap man, that's one of the more ridiculous things that I've heard. And again, please explain why hard anodized shock bodies are better. "Far superior" in what way? Unless you're throwing your truck down cliffs on a regular basis, there is no durability issue. If it's not that, then what is it?

I honestly don't mean to be argumentative, and no offense to anyone. I do respect your opinions, but I hate when people just say stuff without explaining. Would you seriously not recommend this truck to a newb with a limited budget? Think back to when we started out...the initial expense seemed huge at that time...
I would also speculate that Losi will eventually ship these with LST II arms and CVs. They probably had some production liabilities that they had to clear out. I can't imagine that it makes sense long term to have 2 different sets of parts to source. Other than a cent worth of plastic, the upgraded arms wouldn't cost them enough more to make it worthwhile...not to mention the consumer complaints that they're going to have to endure.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:41 PM
mikewoodkozar

Keep believing your hype. The higher your post count, the more you know. Keep up the good work.

Seriously though, you really think that Losi went to one piece bells to stop people from changing the gearing? Holy crap man, that's one of the more ridiculous things that I've heard. And again, please explain why hard anodized shock bodies are better. "Far superior" in what way? Unless you're throwing your truck down cliffs on a regular basis, there is no durability issue. If it's not that, then what is it?

I honestly don't mean to be argumentative, and no offense to anyone. I do respect your opinions, but I hate when people just say stuff without explaining. Would you seriously not recommend this truck to a newb with a limited budget? Think back to when we started out...the initial expense seemed huge at that time...
I would also speculate that Losi will eventually ship these with LST II arms and CVs. They probably had some production liabilities that they had to clear out. I can't imagine that it makes sense long term to have 2 different sets of parts to source. Other than a cent worth of plastic, the upgraded arms wouldn't cost them enough more to make it worthwhile...not to mention the consumer complaints that they're going to have to endure.
I simply meant that you cant just go out to the hobby shop and buy different sized pinions for your LST, there is always 8Mans pinions, but why bother with an engien that will never wind out like its smaller displaced counterparts.

You dont seem respect anyone's opinions, or at least mine.

Who ever said the LST2 is the best truck ever? And who ever said i claimed to be an RC god? You sure like to toss around labels.....like newb and god!

I dont have to beleive any hype i speak based on fact.

And NO, i would NOT reccomend an aftershock to some one on a limited budget, i would reccomend someone picking up a LST1 used with or with out an engine and slapping the LST2 upgrade on it. Better deal hands down as you can pick up LST1's on the bay for around $250.00 put the LST2 kit on it for $140.00 and you have a LST2 for less than an aftershock and you get a better radio, and you have parts you can sell off back on the bay to offset the price even more.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:45 PM
mikewoodkozar

I simply meant that you cant just go out to the hobby shop and buy different sized pinions for your LST, there is always 8Mans pinions, but why bother with an engine that will never wind out like its smaller displaced counterparts. Losi had a good idea with the bells with the threads, but where are the pinions? That obviously fell through and losi for what ever reason decided not to produce pinions, and thus started making one piece bells. And the "majority" of people that are going to move on to a .32 lol, dont know about 8man's pinions to change the gearing that is "so easy to do" on LST's.

You dont seem respect anyone's opinions, or at least mine.

Who ever said the LST2 is the best truck ever? And who ever said i claimed to be an RC god? You sure like to toss around labels.....like newb and god!

I dont have to beleive any hype i speak based on fact.

And NO, i would NOT reccomend an aftershock to some one on a limited budget, i would reccomend someone picking up a LST1 used with or with out an engine and slapping the LST2 upgrade on it. Better deal hands down as you can pick up LST1's on the bay for around $250.00 put the LST2 kit on it for $140.00 and you have a LST2 for less than an aftershock and you get a better radio, and you have parts you can sell off back on the bay to offset the price even more.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Cal-Torque

My local shop has different spurs and pinions...
Statements like this - "I dont have to beleive any hype i speak based on fact" kills your credibility in a heartbeat. No one knows it all, and the people that claim to probably know the least. This is a difference in OPINION. For the price of the Aftershock at my LHS ($450 Cdn), I would certainly recommend it to a newb (that's not a degrading "label"). It will get their feet wet, and if they want to pursue the hobby further, they can.

Someone please explain the benefit of alloy shock bodies to me? When I started out, I "upgraded" my trucks to alloy. Now, I don't bother because I never saw any performance improvement.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
mikewoodkozar

i am glad you are in Canada, i never claimed ever to "know it all," but i sure do know something about you now

I will NOT back down, i have done nothing but speak on fact, and will continue to do so.

Where are the opinions? .28's dont have more rpm than most .30+ engines? LST1 arms are weak?

But i guess you are right i am lame and i suck, i am so wrong, thats what you want to hear right?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Cal-Torque

Old 07-03-2006, 09:53 PM
mikewoodkozar

You are a freakin retard, did i say anything about your country?

I said i am gald you are in Canada, meaning you are lucky you are that far away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.