Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Werks Power racing clutch and Slipper Clutch

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Werks Power racing clutch and Slipper Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Ctrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Werks Power racing clutch and Slipper Clutch

Hey Guys, Got myself an LST2 and I'm looking to upgrade it a bit. I've raced 1/10 and 1/8 on road for a while now so I think I'll find it easier using a werks racing clutch (kinda similar to centrax) rather that the thing that comes with it. I have 2 questions I'm hoping someone in the know can help me out with.

Which werks power racing clutch fits the LST clutch bell? I would assume the Monster truck one but just want to make sure before I go ahead and order it.

I have no experience with slipper clutches and I'm finding it hard to know what to do with it. I have tried going from wound out way to far down to as tight as possible but I can't seem to get much power to the wheels. Could someone explain what having it too loose would do and what having it too tight will do. I'm hoping this will help me narrow it down to an optimum setting. Also what do you run as your base setting? turns out from full tightness.

I have examined the stock clutch on the truck which seems to be in pretty bad shape at this stage. I assume this is from having the slipper clutch too tight and hence wearing the clutch shoes quickly. The engine that came with the truck is running fine but right from the beginning I have never been able to get enough power to the wheels to do a wheelie.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ctrl.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:58 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Werks Power racing clutch and Slipper Clutch

ok first the stock clutch only last 1-1 1/2 gallons and needs to be replaced. make sure all slipper clutch parts are new (only 4-5 bucks) and CLEAN everything oneway bearing in the 2 speed,shaft it rides on ect. clean clutch bell with scotchbrite or sandpaper real well and new clutch shoes. on the slipper run it about 1/2 to 3/4 turn out from tight. the slipper acts as a shock absorber of sorts if you have it set right it will slip just a bit upon landing a jump while your on the throttle. if it's too tight it will transfer that shock to the drivetrain and damage it. that's the idea of it understand?. if you go with a werks clutch you will need a sleeved clutch bell. check over on lstcentral.com for more info on that. hope all this makes sence.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Ctrl

Very helpful! thanks fourwheels0
Old 06-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Mable

Any leads on who is selling a sleeved clutchbell?
Old 06-25-2006, 09:50 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go to lstcentral.com. i think the guy's name is cowboy69. just look for sleeved clutch bell thread.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 PM
rockpyle

ORIGINAL: Mable

Any leads on who is selling a sleeved clutchbell?
Check this thread out [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4253477/anchors_4253477/mpage_1/key_sleeved%252Cclutch%252Cbell/anchor/tm.htm#4253477]click[/link]
Old 06-26-2006, 03:47 PM
outblast

I ordered a sleeved clutch bell from cowboy69 and I can tell you it will take a reeeeeeeeeeeaaaly long time for it to ship. I ordered mine a month ago and it still hasn't shipped. I've already had a machine shop make me a sleeved bell for 25$ since then. The sad part about it is that he said the bells would be in that week when I ordered it :/ So just a heads up, you might be better off buying a bell and seeing if your local machine shop would be willing to do it for you. Also the machine shop I went to has a CNC machine that can mass produce these bells with out having to sleeve them, justs makes them from scratch. To me that makes more sense than ordering and sleeving individual bells. Its more efficient and cheaper to do them that way.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:46 PM
outblast

Just received my clutch bell from cowboy69. If your not able to get one of these bells any where else a month is not too bad of a wait I suppose.