Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

2 speed problems

Old 06-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Kahunas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 speed problems

My 2 speed is not shifting into 2nd gear. I took it all apart and pulled the trans and installed the FOC while I was at it. Everything looked good in the 2 speed, so I cleaned everything and put it back together. Still no shift. I have adjusted it, but cannot get it to shift. Any suggestions?
BTW: What do you guys use for trans lube? Can you use diff lube, or just use grease? What about switching the FOC gears around for more top end????
Old 06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Phalloidin

Default RE: 2 speed problems

There is a pretty good thread over on LSTCentral about the two-speed, and there is a pretty good chance that you are shifting, but you aren't hearing it because it is happening too soon. You said you've adjusted it so this is a good possibility.

Put your LST on blocks and start it up. Give it some throttle (slowly) and watch for the shift point. If it is happening early on you won't hear the engine whine out and change so much as you will see your truck sort of "wobble" when the shift occurs.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:15 PM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: 2 speed problems

i would reset the screws back to factory specs, mine is almost totally locked out, but with a high torque motor you kind of need it dialed in quite a bit. Like Phally said, mine was locked into second a lot until i adjusted the 2 speed shoes