Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

FOC & Sportwerks carb, and a new tuned pipe

Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

FOC & Sportwerks carb, and a new tuned pipe

Old 06-29-2006, 09:57 AM
CESSPOOL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOC & Sportwerks carb, and a new tuned pipe

I just ordered the Carb/FOC for my LST2 and will be installing very shortly (Upon arrival!!!). How big of a difference will these make to my performance, speed and acceleration wise? Are we talking it's noticable, or night and day?

When I install the FOC, should the Tranny case be full of grease, or just my gears greased? and what king of grease is best? I have little cans of grease I use on my auto's for packing bearings and such...Is that totally wrong?

How much will my truck be in need of a new pipe now? I heard (read) that the stock pipe is a nice combo for low end and top end, but is there any pipe that is "that much" better, or am I best with stock? What pipes do you guys like and why? I really don't know much about diff pipes...

Last questions, I promise! (On this post at least... )

I got the sportwerks carb on EBAY. New with all 3 carb restrictors, 6.5, 7.5 and 9 mm. I read the difference somewhere but can't find it, so would someone please tell me?!?!? What if I leave them out all together?

Thanks alot!!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 PM
jjaus

Default RE: FOC & Sportwerks carb, and a new tuned pipe

Hi,
I have the lst 1 and have changed to the werks carb and and RD-Logics twin stinger pipe and its a huge difference. The different inserts just push in at the carb mouth, the 6.5mm gives good low down torque (and is probably best for the track) the 8mm has a good spread of power and the 9mm gives a massive top end boost (especially with the twin stinger pipe). The carb is machined in such a way that there is a lip at the bottom (inside) that the insert sits on and if you were to leave them out it would really disrupt air flow by way of turbulance. The pipe i use has two outlets (twin stingers) and again this seems to really help with the top end. (its flamin loud though and your neighbours will hate you). Also some race tracks wont let the twin stinger pipe race as its against some rules or such (luckily my track doesnt care). As for the FOC, i'm still running the stock one but from what i've heard theres quite a gain from the FOC as the reduction of rotarional mass is quite substantial, not to mention the weight drop without the gears and the reversing servo.
All in all i think you'll be happy with the modds
Cheers John
Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
mikewoodkozar

On my old LST1 (LST#012642 RIP) i had the MAch .26 with a sportwerks carb, JP-1 pipe and a homemade FOC kit and it was nothing short of night and day difference! Was a really cool setup at that time, my LRP woulld hand that Mach its lunch, but ***, it was awesome at the time!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:16 PM
joskey4629

do yaull have a part number for that sportworks carb? or whitch engine did it come on?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:18 AM
RCtruckRacer

[link=http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/251/categ_id/13/parent_ids/0,22,13/Name/SportWerks_Slide_Valve_Carb_-_SWK_21_26_-_SWK8008]HERE[/link] is the carb.