Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Novarossi, rex & top engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:01 AM
CESSPOOL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novarossi, rex & top engines

What's the difference in these. It looks like they are all just versions of the same novarossi engine?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:36 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Novarossi, rex & top engines

They are all exactly the same, all parts are interchangable. I think the explanation I got for this is that the italians are only allowed to sell so many of these engines, so they formed the top and rex company names as a way around the limits.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:35 PM
TGreg24

yea that thing about italy is true but i also heard somewhere that there are small differences in the crank case (like with somethign idk)
Old 07-09-2006, 01:11 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

If there is any kind of differences I'm pretty sure its external. I was on the hunt for parts for my XRP and there is only one brand of parts out there and they work in all three versions of the engines which is novarossi.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:54 PM
RCtruckRacer

Tgreg is probably referring to one of my posts. Last year I called Novarossi to find out what the differences between the Rex, Top and NR versions of the 528XRS's were. I was told that one may have an epoxy filled crankshaft, another a slightly different ABC construction... just some minor differences. They would not differentiate between models - probably the person I spoke to had no idea which one had what. But, all the internals are interchangeable as stated above. If you ever get to speak to someone face to face from Novarossi, I'd guess they will tell you those are trade secrets. Or feed you some misc. kind of BS anyway.