Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

HSN/MOTOR TUNING HELP!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 07:31 PM
mgollain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSN/MOTOR TUNING HELP!!!

OK GUY'S HERE'S A GOOD ONE (FOR ME AT LEAST): I've had trouble fine tuning the lst2 for a few times now. when I start the truck it wont get to 200 or above at all. I have to lean the hsn to 1 - 1/1/2 turrns from bottom! once it finally heat's up of course the temp goes in the 300 range ...I open the needle a bit but it's almost impossible to get it in the 225 range... If I stop the engine , let it cool, the same thing happens. When the engine is cold it barely go forward by itself (it sound very very rich). I have set back the needles to factory setting to start all over again...same thin. I removed the hsn and I saw that the lower part( tiniest part) of the needle looks like it was sanblasted! It's all "aluminium in color and very rough... IS IT NORMAL???
It was the 1st time the needle was removed from the carb and it was never screwed very tight... the engine has still good compression( 2.5 gallons trough her) everything is tight and no apparent leak.

Any tought/suggestions?

The LHS does not have a replacement needle in stock (of course) any idea wich other brand would fit? would a buggy carb fit ?

Old 07-27-2006, 12:23 AM
DawgBone

Default RE: HSN/MOTOR TUNING HELP!!!

forget all of your speculations...

get it to factory settings...and turn both the LSN and HSN one complete turn.. crank it and tune from there....

1 1/2 turn from "bottom" is too lean... if anything..begin with both needles flush...but...

from factory 1 turn clockwise will get you going....and after I wouldn't exspect anything over another half turn or one complete turn on either needles...
Old 07-27-2006, 02:38 PM
mgollain

Default RE: HSN/MOTOR TUNING HELP!!!

Thanks for replying, I've tried factory settings a few time with different other settings without success. tried with a new HSN with same result .
Then I switch to another carb just to see...and wow! It's back to normal lots of power heat goes up to operating temp normally every things fine now.
Did anybody had troubles with the mach carb?