Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

new engine for lst2

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:40 PM
taklein65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine for lst2

I want to install a .32 engine in my LST2 . Which one would be the best bang for the buck OFNA , AXIAL or SUREFIRE or another brand ?
Would the new CEN .46 fit in the LST2 without to much trouble ? Im looking at the Green axial .32 . What do you think?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:06 PM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: new engine for lst2

none! .32 are not going to give you any top end that is worth mentioning. I guess if you are into pulling stumps with your LST, then get a .32, otherwise, man up and get a .28 like the LRP spec 3. Or for that matter, if you have the LST2 with a stock MAch 427, a .32 would be a step backwards
Old 08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I concur..
Old 08-03-2006, 11:30 PM
taklein65

The stock 427 that came with the truck is crap i've spent to much time & $$$ working on it already i just want the truck to run like my sons tmaxx so i can get some kind of enjoyment out of it.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:54 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you cant tune a Mach 427 something is seriously wrong dude...those motors are super easy to tune and run, it doesn't get any better then a 427 ........... i think there must be something wrong with your engine that needs to go in for warranty.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:12 AM
DawgBone

if bashing...32
if racing....28(only for legalities)

I will say that I loved the fun factor of a .32....better than waiting for a 28 to spool up...
a 28 is a buggy/truggy motor....not meant for a heavy bashing LST...
throw in some +2 8man pinions along with a .32...and you got a winning combo for bashing....IMO

I still have yet to own a LRP....but I may soon....for the girlfriend to run....at least I'll see what the rave is all about
Old 08-04-2006, 09:17 AM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: DawgBone

if bashing...32

I will say that I loved the fun factor of a .32....better than waiting for a 28 to spool up...
throw in some +2 8man pinions along with a .32...and you got a winning combo for bashing....IMO

I still have yet to own a LRP....but I may soon....for the girlfriend to run....at least I'll see what the rave is all about
lol, okay, a .28 isnt made for a monster truck. lmao

You dont have to wait for any two stroke to spool up.

.21 are more commonly referred to as buggy/truggy engines.

the LRP dynoed with more torque and more horse than the supposed "torque master" the OS 30
Old 08-04-2006, 09:44 AM
DawgBone

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: DawgBone

if bashing...32

lol, okay, a .28 isnt made for a monster truck. lmao

You dont have to wait for any two stroke to spool up.

.21 are more commonly referred to as buggy/truggy engines.

the LRP dynoed with more torque and more horse than the supposed "torque master" the OS 30
if owning a motor means that it's the best in the world....then this would make sence...

this is clearly opinionated....nothing more...to me..as long as there are .32 engines out there.....a 28 is a buggy/truggy motor

buy a 32 and then tell me about how you have to wait for an engine to spool up...

here's a couple of clips of the same exact truck...one with a .32...and another with a HotMod NovaRossi...it takes some distance for the Nova to spool up...the .32 is nearly instant...both engines have +3 pinions and are stuck in second gear...

Video:SureFire .32

Video:NovaRossi 528XRS
Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 AM
mikewoodkozar

Look man, i have owned and driven a lot of engines, and obviuosly if you are going to compare the Nova to a sure fire .32, then you opinion is null in void.

Videos are in no way a good judge of how any two engines perform, there are too many variables in videos to make any kind of good judgement.

that is fact.

Spool up? We are talking about N/A not turbo charged engines, lol. A naturally aspirated engine does not spool up. It may have a different power curve or torque band, but it doesnt spool up, lmao.

okay, you are right i am wrong, and all of my comments are just based upon my stupid and infantile opinions. And my opinions must not have based upon my expierences. I guess anyone who thought about buying the top of the line, king of the roost Novarossi should just save there money and buy the surefire .32 because it "spools up quicker." Glad i had those videos to tell me that, must be all those pros out there didnt get the memo. Okay.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:35 AM
DawgBone

okay[sm=thumbup.gif]

if the definition of "spool up" would mean the rate at which a turbo can spin to it's RPM range(otherwise lag) wouldn't it be rather equal in definition when speaking of an RC engine...I guess I should have explained my jest in a better more technical and politically correct manner...I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you could understand what i was talking about"spool up"...

anyways...if you're into bashing...I would recommend any of the .32's out there except for the Collari....
but for racing...the LRP sounds to be a hit...
if money isn't too big of an issue...grab up a RBTM928...it's an amazing piece of work...I have never turned a needle on a finer engine
Old 08-06-2006, 01:16 AM
taklein65

Didn't mean to start a engine war. My luck with this truck has been bad all the way around Losi tech support keeps saying (all 3 calls have started with and sounds like they are reading from a book) "lets see it sounds like ...." try replacing this part or that part. The hobby shop i got the lst from (which i'll never go back to been there twice now ) says they can take a look at it might take sometime. they charge 20.00 bucks an hour. The next LHS is about 45 mins to hour away that deal in nitro trucks. I'll have to make the drive i guest or just put the truck away until i get over the urge to get the hammer and fix it. I thank you guys for your help i'll get something done here soon
Old 08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
taklein65

Will i got a new motor last week Dynamite Mach. 28 used heat cycle to break it in this time and I've run the crap out of it . i can run tank after tank thur it without any stalling at all the truck will fly and pull the front wheels up every time wish the mach 427 that came with the truck was this good out of the box . maybe i just got a bad one who knows. maybe i hurt it trying to get it to run. mark this up to a learning experience. its as fast as my sons tmaxx we've raced a few times now and we have a blast with the trucks.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:31 PM
JSRacer

My Mach 427 hulls *****!!! It will pull the front end up all day long too. I had to wait on it though. It gets better and better the more you run it. I love the Mach 427. Great engine, especially for $150! But for $15 more I'd agree that the LRP makes a ton more power.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Carpilot

Sounds like there was something wrong with your 427. my mach 427 runs like your new .28 does, absolutely flawless.