Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Best Big Block for aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:31 PM
jrb_862

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Big Block for aftershock

Hi all, I was just wondering what your all opinion was as to what is the best big block engine for the aftershock? My LHS told me the Axial .28 was the best you could put on. I am wondering what you all think is the best in terms of compromise of torque and topend?

Thanks,
Justin
Old 08-03-2006, 10:01 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: Best Big Block for aftershock

LRP Spec II or III is hard to beat for the price. The hobby shop won't recommend it unless it's there ready for sale. LRP's are sold out everywhere and hard to find sometimes but they don't disappoint. XTM 457 is a good LRP Spec II type engine also.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:04 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

LRP Spec II or III is hard to beat for the price. The hobby shop won't recommend it unless it's there ready for sale. LRP's are sold out everywhere and hard to find sometimes but they don't disappoint. XTM 457 is a good LRP Spec II type engine also.
Word, best engines i have owned.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:19 AM
DawgBone

what do you mean by "the best big block"

that money can buy....or best for the money....

I honestly should not post anything of my opinions in these threads, until I have owned a LRP engine....

there is alot to consider though...

power
torque
ease of tune
fuel consumption
readily available parts
cost of those parts
purpose of use

what do you want....
Old 08-05-2006, 10:32 PM
dgz69er

ORIGINAL: DawgBone

what do you mean by "the best big block"

that money can buy....or best for the money....

I honestly should not post anything of my opinions in these threads, until I have owned a LRP engine....

there is alot to consider though...

power
torque
ease of tune
fuel consumption
readily available parts
cost of those parts
purpose of use

what do you want....

This is probably one of the best replies I have ever read. Major props to you.

As previously stated. You really need to know, or tell us how you plan to use your truck. A racer will use a different engine than a basher will.

As a basher I personally want an engine that has a fair amount of torque and low end. I don't know about other bashers, but I seldomly get my trucks into second gear. The only time I do is if I'm taking a fairly lengthy run to a jump. Also my tastes are based off where I bash at. I don't build ramps and stuff, I look for natural *even if it is manmade* dirt piles, rock quarries*sp*, etc. I enjoy climbing with my rc's, and jumping them.

Of course the hobby shop is going to tell you the best engine is one that they carry, however though I would take that with a grain of salt.

Go to the engine review section at the main page. Compare the engines to each other. Yes some people are gonna say stuff like. *name of any engine* sucks. Ignore those, unless someone has made a valid point on why they didn't like it. Their opinion is worthless. Not just on the review section, but also on the forums here. I always read posts where someone says. This engine, truck, transmitter, tires, etc sucks. And thats all they say.

So really tell the forum poster what you are planning to do. Chances are you will get the correct engine for you, and you will be much happier.

I can tell you that I have hear a lot of good things about the sts .28, It seems the savage guys really like that engine. I don't know how well it would work in an aftershock, but it is worth looking at.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:47 PM
QuadraPixel

I'm with JRB_862, what is the best motor????... Just kidding. I'm also looking for a new motor. Right now I only bash, and I really want something that is reeeeaaaaallly easy to tune. I spend more time tuning my M26SS than driving.

My Mach, needs lots of leaning to start, and lots of richeing as it heats up (at least 1 full turn on HSN, and 1/2 on LSN), which is a real pain in the *****. So an engine around $200 that holds the same tune as it heat up is my dream engine.

My TRX 2.5 in my Jato is easy to tune, maybe a little richening on the HSN as it heats up, which is no real issue.

So, what would you guys get? I would like to race, but that's a dream I will not get with my Mach 26!

I will look in to the LRP spec III in the mean time.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 PM
jrb_862

Im more of a basher, but have a friend with a t-maxx 3.3 and would like something to make them feel bad..lol I haven't raced him yet with my mach .26 but i think he wont have a problem taking it. I want something wasy to tune that is good with general parking lot/grass area driving, not really anything hardcore.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
QuadraPixel

I heard that the LRP spec 3 and SH 28 are practicly the same motor. If that is true could somebody confirm that, or point me where to look for information.

If they are the same motor I'm going to get the SH 28 ASAP, because it's only like $110 on ebay!

-Thanks!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
QuadraPixel

Has anybody heard of or used this engine? http://www.racernine.com/sts28.html

Check out the dyno results, they look insane!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:46 PM
morkendi

i got the axial 32... all i can say is best motor i ever had
Old 08-13-2006, 10:46 PM
dgz69er

The savage x owners love that sts .28.

I hear its a very torquey motor.