Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Just got an Aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 11:13 AM
b_0308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got an Aftershock

Hello, I am now new to LOSI. I just won an aftershock from my LHS. I've been looking at their LOSI trucks for a while and was about to buy one, but didnt quite have the money. So this worked out well. I have a t-maxx that i've owned for a while, but i still have ALOT to learn. From what i have read, the aftershock is a minor downgrade from the LST1, but i figured hey its free may as well beef it up. So if you LOSI guys out there could give me some info on some upgrades, or any info on LOSI trucks that would be usefull that would be great! One last thing. What do you guys think the proper way to break in an engine is?

thnx in advance
Old 08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: Just got an Aftershock

proper way to break in the engine would be the heat cycle method (do a search there are many mant threads on it)

and probably the single best upgrade you could do is the LST2 upgrade package. ITs about $139.99 and will upgrade you to full LST2 specs save the engine/exhaust/spin start.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
m_jalbuena

but for now, change the throttle servo to futaba high torque. coz the stock one sucks
Old 08-04-2006, 08:06 PM
*Nitstklr72*

And write a review.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
lst2maniac

Also go with b.a.c. link from killer hobbies.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:02 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: m_jalbuena

but for now, change the throttle servo to futaba high torque. coz the stock one sucks
I wouldnt put that on the absolute mandatory list. Should be fine for what you are doing......wait, what are you going to be doing with it? Race, bash?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:21 PM
b_0308

I am goin to bash with my t-maxx...since its already been abused so much...I'm mostly gonna use this truck just to mess with, maybe a little bit of bashing not much, maybe a little racing but nothing too serious (probably just with my friends). yeah the stock throttle servo does suck. it went out like 15 min after breaking it in. I just threw in a servo i had layin around for the time being.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:52 PM
bakersfield basher

Get new metal hub hexes or you will strip the rim, mine stripped the second day. Remember if you go with aluminum parts always leave an easy to replace plastic part attached to it, if you do not have a weak point a 13lb truck will find it for you and that may be an expensive part or sheared off bolt or screws.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:33 PM
dgz69er

if you do not have a weak point a 13lb truck will find it for you and that may be an expensive part or sheared off bolt or screws.

Some of the best advice I have ever heard in my life. I've never understood these people who go out and build these all aluminum or all titanium trucks to run with. Replacing a arms is much easier than rebuilding a tranny and cheaper than buying a new engine.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:11 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: bakersfield basher

Get new metal hub hexes or you will strip the rim, mine stripped the second day. Remember if you go with aluminum parts always leave an easy to replace plastic part attached to it, if you do not have a weak point a 13lb truck will find it for you and that may be an expensive part or sheared off bolt or screws.
Keep the Wheel Nuts Tight!
And you'll never have a problem with the hex's.......I check them after Every Tank....I Ran the LST with Stock Hex's for Two and a Half years....And Never Stripped a Wheel.......It's a Good Idea to Change the Nuts after they've been on and off 5 or 6 Times As the Plastic that helps Lock them on....Wears out.......
Old 08-16-2006, 01:42 AM
bakersfield basher

All I am saying is why risk it, the hexes are $14.99 as apposed to a pair of preglued rims & tire for like $34.99 if it dose get a little loose. GOOD POINT WITH REPLACING THE NUTS periodically that is something that tends to get over looked until it is a problem.