Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

muggy question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:36 PM
OGsandman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muggy question

Ok is the muggy the closest thing we are going to get to a truggy? Or will there be somthing with the 8ight??

If not Does any one know of a kit to make our lst/lst2's into a muggy since they are sharing queit a few parts??

thanks..

PS read through the posts on the muggy I found, didnt see any answers thanks again
Old 08-04-2006, 09:45 PM
PillowPants

Default RE: muggy question

ORIGINAL: OGsandman

Ok is the muggy the closest thing we are going to get to a truggy? Or will there be somthing with the 8ight??

If not Does any one know of a kit to make our lst/lst2's into a muggy since they are sharing queit a few parts??

thanks..

PS read through the posts on the muggy I found, didnt see any answers thanks again
Well thats because they are questions that nobody here can answer Only time (or a member of the losi design team) will tell..
Old 08-04-2006, 10:01 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

I dont think you'll be able to convert an LST2 to to the muggy, it does share quite a few parts but most of the suspension stuff is shortened and the chassis is completely different, although you will be able to use alot parts I doubt a conversion is possible without some major improvising.

As far as something coming out based off the 8ight, yes there is something in the works. In this months XRC they announced that there will be a full race 8ight truggy kit as rumored.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:08 PM
mikewoodkozar

From the looks of it only, and only in my speculation, i think that the lay down shock style towers and the shock arm mounts might fit on the LST/LST2. Thus making the LST perhaps a little better on the track........but really just different as its all specualtion. The cool thing about that is that we might be able to slip into the MT class with a muggy parts extravaganza on our LST's. Plus, i know a guy that is designing a front one way for the LST, now that is very very exciting. Time will tell.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:35 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Here's my take..............

The Muggy is for us hardcore monster truck guys who would never consider a truggy unless we were enticed with being able to use a lot of our LST knowledge and parts...........or a truggy that is more monster than buggy........the first page of the user manual states that it is a Hybrid monster truck, not a buggy.....Drivers and wrenchers will win with it. People freak out about the weight but we all know that those SKP 40 series (wait till you see those on a LST) weigh over a pound what most truggy guys are running. I will take the weight if I have the dampening of a LST type shock............

Of course there will be full blown pro level truggy based on the 8ight, it would amaze me if it's not out by the end of the year. The truggy class is the hottest class in R/C right now. Every manufacturer had a truggy or is planning one in the near future.

The only R/C I have ever raced is the monster truck class. I see lots of monster truck guys move to truggy. To be blunt it is because they cannot wrench good enough to finish a race or they think they will be faster in truggy class. I think one of the most fulfilling aspects of racing monster truck class is they are not pure bred race vehicles and when you finish a 30 minute main it means you can not only drive but you know how to set one up to go the distance..............this is all my personal opinion of course.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:15 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

Here's my take..............

The Muggy is for us hardcore monster truck guys who would never consider a truggy unless we were enticed with being able to use a lot of our LST knowledge and parts...........or a truggy that is more monster than buggy........the first page of the user manual states that it is a Hybrid monster truck, not a buggy.....Drivers and wrenchers will win with it. People freak out about the weight but we all know that those SKP 40 series (wait till you see those on a LST) weigh over a pound what most truggy guys are running. I will take the weight if I have the dampening of a LST type shock............

Of course there will be full blown pro level truggy based on the 8ight, it would amaze me if it's not out by the end of the year. The truggy class is the hottest class in R/C right now. Every manufacturer had a truggy or is planning one in the near future.

The only R/C I have ever raced is the monster truck class. I see lots of monster truck guys move to truggy. To be blunt it is because they cannot wrench good enough to finish a race or they think they will be faster in truggy class. I think one of the most fulfilling aspects of racing monster truck class is they are not pure bred race vehicles and when you finish a 30 minute main it means you can not only drive but you know how to set one up to go the distance..............this is all my personal opinion of course.
Or maybe it's because we want to leave our MT's to the backyards and skateparks.. where they belong
Old 08-05-2006, 03:22 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I'm at 85% on a render of a 15minute main where I dismantle the fastest monster trucks in central Texas from about 3hrs ago. Last week my average lap time was faster than the fastest truggy (at my track)........... I think that's a bigger victory than winning with a truggy.... in my opinion of course.........
Old 08-05-2006, 08:07 AM
mikewoodkozar

Hey F C Premix, does your forum ID have anything to do with a second gen RX7?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:03 AM
bentgear

My take on it is the muggy is ment to be the next generation of monster truck that should allow Losi to remain competitive in that arena for some time. Sometimes when other manufacturers do something you have to change to stay in the game. Looke like they will now have the entry level, basher and competition areas of MT covered. It will all be up to the end user to deside if there is a market for it all.

As for the original question, my money is on a truggy version of the buggy out in 6 months of the buggy release. Too big a market to let go untapped.

Ed M.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:20 PM
OGsandman

ok so my thouight is this ...no need to go out and get a muggy....since I have the LST. I will hang out a bit and bug some of the peeps I know and find out more about the 8ight truggy...and by the time of its release we will know more about the muggy..

thanks for your input....
Old 08-08-2006, 12:37 AM
gasrc

ORIGINAL: bentgear

My take on it is the muggy is ment to be the next generation of monster truck that should allow Losi to remain competitive in that arena for some time.
I still don't understand why people keep calling it a MT? The only thing that really distinguishes it from other truggies is the dual servos and fat shocks. Fat shock don't make for a MT. Other than the servo count, there's nothing MT about it. It's pure truggy.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:02 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

How about the shock towers? LST. Shocks? LST. How about the 21.75 inch length? .25" shorter than the LST
Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 AM
bentgear

ORIGINAL: gasrc

My take on it is the muggy is ment to be the next generation of monster truck that should allow Losi to remain competitive in that arena for some time.
I still don't understand why people keep calling it a MT? The only thing that really distinguishes it from other truggies is the dual servos and fat shocks. Fat shock don't make for a MT. Other than the servo count, there's nothing MT about it. It's pure truggy.
Maybe because Losi is calling it a MT. The truggy will be based on the buggy. Simple.

Ed M.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: gasrc

I got my crazy idea from the users manual.

The full blown pro level truggy will come from the 8ight later, this is something else.......
Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
DawgBone

2D.....every inch of your post has been entertaining...thanks...
Old 08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Sometimes I forget I'm running 1920x1200x2...
Old 08-09-2006, 09:42 PM
gasrc

So if you call a knife a gun, does that make it one? I has no bullet magazine and no muzzle. It's a knife. So what if it has the same handle as a gun made by the same company.

Same thing here. Just because it has LST parts doesn't make it a MT. The Subaru Forrester XT has STi parts, but that doesn't make it high performance sports sedan. What if there were no LST? What if they didn't call it a a Hybrid monster truck? By looking at it you'd say it was a truggy with fat shocks. Now this is the "truggy" by today's race design. Remember OFNA had the Ultra GTLX and slapped MT tires and an MT body called it a MT. This is before MTs were classified as they are today to distiquish them from truggies. Back to the Muggy: flat chassis, no tranny, single speed, wide and low, wing,....it's a truggy.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Does the knife have a wooden handle??
Old 08-10-2006, 01:41 AM
MBX5T Maniac

Nice!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Chronic

After initially looking at it, my first thought was "what were they thinking?", but I do see the reasoning behind it now. I don't think it was designed to run with trucks like the Jammin or Kyosho truggy, but like others have said, it's a new generation of MT. I think the Muggy is what you get when a couple of Losi designers smoke a big fatty and then stare at a Nemesis and Revo 3.3 too long. A mutispeed transmission would have been really nice, but this is a sweet truck just the way it is. I would take one of these over the alternatives...any day of the week.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM
RCtruckRacer

A multi-speed transmission would completely eliminate it from any sanctioned (RC Pro or ROAR) race. Why make a truck that no racer would ever buy?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:28 AM
2DMaxLST!!

The same was said of buggies with longer arms and monster truck tires and wheels a few years ago.....................now it is the hottest class in R/C. I really can't stand truggies, but I like the muggy.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Roscco

Hybrid monster or fat shocked truggy, i for one couldn't care less, its on my shopping list. I don't think for a second that it's aimed at pro racers and looks to be far more bashable (is that a word?) than a Hellfire. Its going to give bashers a feel for a truggy, and open up a world of agility that isn't normally available to MT owners. Big thumbs up all round as far as i can see[8D].

Having parts that are interchangable with the LST can also only be a good thing, hopups are there from the start, plenty of experienced people to help out if its needed, and for my own application (No organised racing, just slag heaps from mining days) it looks PERFECT. Fair enough it's not brand new technology like the 8ight but as old saying goes "If it's not broke don't fix it" The LST has a proven design and to me this just looks like evolution, an illigitimate ba5tard son of an 8ight and an LST2.

Man, i want one bad[>:]
Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

A multi-speed transmission would completely eliminate it from any sanctioned (RC Pro or ROAR) race. Why make a truck that no racer would ever buy?
I don't compete in sanctioned racing so I often forget about you guys. What exactly are the rules? An unlimited truck can't have multiple speeds but isn't this a MT? How do the center diff equipped Revo and Nemesis get to compete? I thought you said a center diff does not automatically classify it as a "truggy".... it's not over the wheelbase limit.... is it a ground clearance or spec thing?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:21 AM
MBX5T Maniac

The Revo with the center diff is very unfair to compete with people that have a regular monster truck. A revo with a center diff makes it a truggy, or a buggy. So it isn't fair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.