Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

shock oil in lst2

Old 08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
sdniluti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock oil in lst2

was just wanting some opinions on what shock oil to use i have some trinity 90 wt im mostly just going to be bashing big jumps but also want it to perform decent on road too, truck is all stock but i noticed the shocks need rebuilt so was just wanting to know the pros and cons of different shock oils
Old 08-31-2006, 10:22 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: shock oil in lst2

I would think 35wt to 40wt with the stock springs. If you are going to be bashing only you might want to consider some black or even yellow losi springs.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:27 PM
dgz69er

I've got an aftershock. I am running yellow losi springs. With 45wt in the front springs and 60wt in the back springs.

90 wt. Is really thick. It would be much easier to use a stiffer spring and a lower weight shock oil than to use soft springs and a higher weight shock oil.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:32 PM
JSRacer

IMO, I'd say the thicker the oil and stiffer the springs the more stuff is gonna break. Let your shocks absorb the impact, not the rest of your truck.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
dgz69er

thats a pretty true comment. I never looked at it that way, but I'm sure there is a formula that will give you the best of both worlds
Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM
lst2maniac

I use 35wt oil with yellow springs.Great for bashing and handles big jumps great
Old 09-03-2006, 01:05 AM
bakersfield basher

I would say for the stock springs which are fine 40wt front 50wt back for bashing and just adjust the collars for tension till you find the sweet spot. A good way to test is to drop it from the hight you think you will be jumping at and it should lightly bottom out or close to it. [:-]