Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New Aftershock problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 01:15 PM
butman8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Aftershock problems

Broke in Aftershock to a tee. For some reason i can't get it to tune right, i'm using small ajustments at a time. When I apply the brake it dies. I tried a diffrent glow plug, still no luck. I'm beginning to wonder if I made the right choice. I also have a revo and Monster GT, and have never had these types of problems. I rerouted the fuel filter around the head hoping that would work. Is there radio adjustments that I should focus on? Really confused, please help.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:19 PM
ross_jsy

Default RE: New Aftershock problems

well if you hit the brake and it dies that means that you need to adjust the endpoint on the radio. to check it is that take the airfilter off and hit the brake. if the carbeureter closes completly then that means it is the endpoint. check how to adjust it and you should be fine.

personally i would have chosen the lst2 but if money doesnt allow then the aftershocks a nice truck to get. im sure you wont be dissapointed with it and i love my lst1
Old 09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
butman8

Thank you, I will try that.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:54 PM
butman8

Thanks for the help, finially got that taking care of. Now, tuning the engine. The major problem is stalling during take off and once I get going it stalls again. I've tried the high and low mixtures and can't get a good combo. Is there a secret to this machine or something I should start with first? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:56 PM
alexlove23726

hey nutts whats up well hey man the aftershock is running great well knock on wood lol but i hope we can get it running better hey if you get this tonight call me about 3:30 tommorrow.LATER!!
Old 09-24-2006, 09:33 PM
JSRacer

Does it always want to roll forward at idle? Sounds like you could have a broken clutch spring. It may have nothing to do with tuning.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:12 PM
butman8

No is does'nt roll at idle. It so hard to start, but after it starts and warms up that problem goes away. It seems like I just can't get a good mix. I start with factory settings and it is so rich it hardly has any power at all. Thanks for any ideas.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:56 PM
chadrob30

Sounds like you could possibly have an airleak...
Old 09-26-2006, 08:56 PM
butman8

ok, I'll check for that. Thanks
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Bobby33

try changing your pipe to the lst 2 pipe. my friend has a aftershock and was hard to tune and then changed the pipe to the lst 2 and what a difference...
Old 09-29-2006, 09:34 AM
osteologation

my aftershock is easy to tune with the stock pipe. i have had the same problem with other vehicles that were also noted for their reliable tunibility. its just a tuning issue. you could have false lean issues. where your hi speed is too lean but you lo speed is too rich and when it idles it shows you a cooler temp than you running. when in doubt i tuen the lo speed out a half turn and tune the hi speed by sound and then set the lo speed 1/12 turn at a time. this has always worked for me. my after shock always runs best about 220 - 250 deg depending on ambient temp. with the alum clutch shoes it will flip right over from a dead stop and sometimes will wheelie whiel already moving and it will idle for a good while. also set your endpoints after you have set your idle speed screw. the epa are so you arent pulling it out too hard and has nothing to do with how far the carb closes. now im no expert and forums are a huge help but ive always been able to resolve issues like these fairly quickly and am willing to pass any relevant info along.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:00 PM
butman8

I also have a Revo and Monster GT and they make this Aftershock look like a toy from Walmart. I have had so many problems with this truck its unreal, spur gears, clutch, tuning, battierys, starting, 1 way gear and a few other small issues. I think I made a bad choice, but thanks for all the advice guys, I need all the info I can get. I just put on some allumium shoes, I'll let you know how they work.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:07 AM
osteologation

well i went form a savage to this. if that ells you anything. you look at a savage and you have to spend money. ive had great luck with my aftershock. i have replaced/upgraded brakes(lst2), clutch shoes(lst2), low speed one-way and spur(lst2), engine brace(hot racing), reciever pack(maxamps), radio(airtonics mx3), and now the whole tranny (i want reverse). the only item replaced due to breaking was the enigne brace. i bought my AFT without radio. the brakes were to reduce glitching, i ditched the stock clutch shoes and put in used hpi ones i had from my savage which wore out and i thought my oneway was slipping. so i bought a lst one and you have to get the spur as the design is different. my buddy wanted teh forward only tranny so i traded him as i wanted reverse. im not real impressed with my maxamps 1400 pack. my reedy 1100 in my savage lasted way longer ( i realize the aft has more servos but come on). its a very tough truck. i bought 3 extra set of a-rms, hubs, and knuckles at my LHS for $30 and have used none. i beat the hell out of it. my buddy(with a axial 32 lsts) and i were jumping his clothesline (lol) and he could clear it but my AFT would just barely and most of the time i hit the wires. hit those at 30 or so and no breakage (suprisingly). everybody said savages were oh so tough and mine broke continously. my aft is way better. but what suits one person may not suit another.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:06 AM
butman8

I changed clutch shoes to alliumium, new plug, and diffrent fuel.......WHAT A BEAST!!!!!!! Now I know what everyone is talking about, pure POWER. Thanks for all the advice guys and to this wonderful forum....