Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
LST2 is a better truck for raceing??
62.96%
AFTERSHOCK is better for raceing??
37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LST2 OR AFTERSHOCK

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LST2 OR AFTERSHOCK

ok so i have a few cars to my collection....and a few years of experance ive never really looked at losi cars and trucks.......so i have no idea about there manuvarablity and ive only seen 2 of them in person in my life...........till i got a mini t about 4 weeks ago...........so i go to the site alot............... i really like the LST2 but there is no way id pay that much since i always upgrade half my cars/trucks anyway i thought id just build it from the ground up with good parts...........good engine..... u know stuff like ill get some parts of ebay (people that part out the trucks) to save a few bucks i really like the looks of the LST2 but the aftershock looks so much it..............is it preatty much the same thing????? the only diffrence i see on the site it the LST2 has a diffrent engine and those nice blue shocks............(plus i see the afterchock it alot less cheaper) im already looking into seeing if i can get a roller for cheap if i can ill start with that............if not ill just build from the ground up can anyone tell me the diffrence between these to trucks?????

PS one day i plan on raceing at a local track??? i asume the LST2 would be better for that right???? (and i only asume that............SINCE IT COSTS MORE)
Old 09-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LST2 OR AFTERSHOCK

The radio in the LST2 is synthesized, The shocks are aluminum (I have never found a reason to upgrade the AL shocks on my LST1), the bearing carriers are revised on the LST2. Basically, the Aftershock has a bit more plastic.

If you already have a good radio, then you should be able to make most of the necessary upgrades on your own (for less than the LST2). The LST2 body will fit the Aftershock (You said that you liked its looks), and neither set of tires is very good for most racing surfaces, so plan on replacing those anyway. The majority of the upgrades out there will fit either truck (aside from Knuckles, etc.).

The LST 2 has reverse, the Aftershock does not, which you cannot use for racing anyway.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:04 AM
MiamizFinest

ok thats good i just wanted to know witch one was the top of the line model................yea i have good radio and a few other things so basically the aftershock is the toyota......and the lst2 is the lexus????? lol anyways il keeping my eye on ebay if in a month or so i dont find a cheap lst roller then ill just build from the ground up!!!! thanks you!!!!

PS there is no kit for to the truck right?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:44 AM
dgz69er

There is no kits available for either truck. Yes the lst2 is the "top" of the line.

The aftershock has .26 engine where the lst2 has a .27 engine.

Since your not concerned with the radio. We won't go there.

The aftershock has dual jr z590 steering servos. Oddly enough they feel a little weak to me. I would recommend upgrading to the z650 servos. I would also take one of those z590 servos and use it as the throttle servo. It will fix the brake issue.

I really like the aftershock. It has been a good truck for me. I have stuffed it pretty hard a fair amount of times, and I haven't had anything go wrong with it. At this point atleast.

Many people on rcu have said the a-arms are weak. Once again I actually own one, and I haven't had any problems. So my advice to you is to ask people who "OWN" an aftershock the questions you want to know.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 PM
MiamizFinest

ok so basicaly it is the same truck exept the LST2 has better parts right??? ima build the LST from the ground up building it with all after market parts screw RTR there is alot of things in the kit that i do not want........
Old 09-29-2006, 09:22 AM
osteologation

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

There is no kits available for either truck. Yes the lst2 is the "top" of the line.

The aftershock has .26 engine where the lst2 has a .27 engine.

Since your not concerned with the radio. We won't go there.

The aftershock has dual jr z590 steering servos. Oddly enough they feel a little weak to me. I would recommend upgrading to the z650 servos. I would also take one of those z590 servos and use it as the throttle servo. It will fix the brake issue.

I really like the aftershock. It has been a good truck for me. I have stuffed it pretty hard a fair amount of times, and I haven't had anything go wrong with it. At this point atleast.

Many people on rcu have said the a-arms are weak. Once again I actually own one, and I haven't had any problems. So my advice to you is to ask people who "OWN" an aftershock the questions you want to know.
i agree with everything you say except that lst2 has a 27. it does not. the 427 means 4.27cc or .26ci. the difference being is that it has more ports. like a xtm 24.7 pro to a regular xtm 24.7. i have run both a lst and a lst2 annd connot see a noticeable difference between them. i actually feel the m26ss and crappy pipe are more than adequate and have no desire to upgrade them.

i also feel the servos are weak. i fixed the brakes with the lst2 brake pads. also the arms ARE tough. i have beat the snot out of it and not broke anything except the engine brace.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:33 PM
dgz69er

my apologies. I just assumed the 427 was a .27. So my bad.

I did recently blow a rear shock on my aftershock. Its my fault though, not losi's. I thought it would be a good idea to run 60wt shock oil in the rear shocks. Apparantly it wasn't. After a quick tutorial from my lhs I dropped it down to 35wt oil. I also upgraded the steering servos to dual hitec 645m's. I hope they are the answer to my solution. Still no major issues have popped up yet. i'm going to take my truck out again today. I'll let everyone know how the new servos do.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:46 PM
jombo

i have to say the lst2 because thats what i have, but which ever you chose you wont go wrong.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:03 AM
bakersfield basher

If you have the AFTERSHOCK make sure to get a better receiver pack, it helps with the braking and stops the radio glitching.[sm=idea.gif]
Old 09-30-2006, 05:29 AM
Bkag

What about the new "Muggy" that is race orientated http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB0018
Old 09-30-2006, 08:45 AM
dgz69er

My lhs got a couple of those muggy's in. The thing looks pretty bad ass. The thing is though. It is more closely related to the lst1 than the lst2. The steering servo's are set up differently. The servos do not operate each wheel independently. They are set up side by side, and have a linkage bar connecting them and they operate both wheels at the same time. I guess in a sense this might double the power of the servos. I'm not really sure though. My lhs said they saw some videos of the muggy dusting another buggy through the corners. It looks pretty bad ass.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:53 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

i've been seeing lst 1's going for good prices on ebay. you may find a good deal there. it's drive train (minus reverse) is the same as the after shocks as far as i know. the lst 2 has beefier cvd's also to handle power better. i didn't see that mentioned yet.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Bkag

One other option would be to get a LST 1 and then get the LSt 2 upgrade kit which basicaly fixes all the problems with the Lst 1.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:10 AM
osteologation

ORIGINAL: bakersfield basher

If you have the AFTERSHOCK make sure to get a better receiver pack, it helps with the braking and stops the radio glitching.[sm=idea.gif]
it didnt on mine. i put the reciever pack in, lst2 fiber brake pads, relocated the fuel filter, bought an fm radio, and it hasnt got rid of the glitching. reduced it alot but still does once in a while. none of my other trucks ever glitched even with am radios.