Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST2 Idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 11:40 AM
chuked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST2 Idle problem

I just got my LST2 and have about 4 or 5 tanks of gas through it. When I start it up, it idles just fine. However, once its warmed up(over 200), it will not stay still still at idle. It sounds like it is reving higher than normal and actually moves a good bit, not just a slow crawl. Would this most likely be a clutch spring, LSN, or idle stop screw problem. Also, what can I use to seal the engine for air leaks - ive read that "sensor safe rtv" can be used, but have no idea what that is? Ive been running the LSN at factory - 2turns out, and the HSN I started at factory and now have it at 1/4 turn clockwise from 4 turns out. ('ve been using the Rbmods method for break in)

Also, how do you know what production number your LST2 is? I didnt recieve any kind of warranty info (other than for the radio) or anything indicating this.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:26 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: LST2 Idle problem

The production number for your LST2 is located on your radio box. It is a silver sticker with a number.

Have you tried lowering the idle by turning it out? That may be it. If it dies when it touches the ground, but runs well when it has no load, that's usually the clutch, so I think tuning the idle screw will fix that.

RTV High temp. Sealant is what you should use to seal the engine.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:21 PM
chuked

Another thing I've noticed is that it sounds like there is a high pitched whizzing sound. Not sure if this is normal or not, but to me, it sounds like either something spinning, or air being sucked in. When I let the truck idle it gets up to around 215 in less than 2 minutes - probably closer to just one minute. When I run I try to run it fairly fast it starts to accelerate and then just stops (accelerating) to where the front end drops back down - and I have never heard the truck shift. I was thinking its too rich, but the temps are getting up to 220-230ish within just a few minutes of running (with body off). Does this sound more like an air leak? I took the tank out, submerged it in water, pinched one of the hoses and blew in the other - no air bubbles came out of the primer area. I've also changed out the glow plug - to an OS #8.

I read in another post that the truck should only idle for around 30 seconds before needing a throttle to clear up the unburned gas. My truck seems to idle indefinitely - all tough I have either shut it off, or started to driving it (to cool it down with air flow) when the temps start getting up after a minute or so.

Where is the RTV sealant usually sold at - Home depot (which section) or auto parts stores?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:15 PM
jombo

what you just described is a lean problem, i would richen them up the low and high just a bit. the whiny sound at idle is a lean lsn, and the truck slowing down at full throttle is a hsn too lean. i hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
jombo

rtv is sold at walmart in the automotive section, thats where i usually buy it.