Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

mini lst

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
cammok5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini lst

im going to buy a truck for the dirt/mud and just mesing around. is this right truck to buy. thanx.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mini lst

Post this in the Mini forum. The Monster Truck forum doesn't have much interaction with the Mini-LST
Old 10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
mycarisaser

hunter306 I see that you have 2 electric lst2s. I seen one on the fine desines web site that they sell one ( http://www.finedesignrc.com/ct-losi.asp ) and I have been thinking alot about getting it. Well I guess my questions are did you get one like that or did you build your own? How are your motor and esc temps? Is it a reliable truck? Also if you know how does it compair to the nitro version? And any insight that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I love my electric trucks and want to stay with electric but dont know if it is worth going into the 1/8 scale market or not?????? (2 xxx-ts (mf2s) both brushless, 4 mini lsts (2 are brushless) , rustler (brushless), and a mini inferno.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:11 AM
bakersfield basher

I frigin HATE those gay mini (monster trucks ?) go buy somthing at toys 'R' us and be gone.[:@]
Old 10-28-2006, 09:51 AM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: bakersfield basher
I frigin HATE those gay mini (monster trucks ?) go buy somthing at toys 'R' us and be gone.[:@]
They havent perfected the mini market yet. The minis still have lots of issues that need to be worked out
Old 10-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: bakersfield basher

Dude, you own a freakin Rustler... stop throwing stones.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:00 AM
bakersfield basher

My rustler is the only RC I've ever owned that I can drive it for hours with out it breaking unless I crash it into a wall. It was my first nitro and is always a blast to drive. The OS18 in it keeps the front wheels of the ground till I hit the breaks and at the end of the day I can just put it back on the shelf confident that the next time I run it it will perform just as good.

Truth is I hate the mini lst because I will be looking at parts or videos for lst and I always seem to find my self downloading a vid thinking it will be an lst or lst2 and it's a stupid mini I mean seriously why? Who wants a MT that has trouble driving over your garden hose.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:59 AM
mycarisaser

You would be surprised to see what the mlst can do. I use a brushless/ lipo combo in two of them. It will go any where a rustler will(I have one too) My rustler runs about 48mph and one of my mlst is just as fast. I also live at the beach and have huge sand dunes (some over 175 feet high) and the mlst will run through the sand and up the dunes better than a 1/10 scale st will. So its not all bad. The mlsts have a bad steering set up and weak diffs(the ONLY two issues with it) but is such a fun thing to play with it makes me want to get a brushless lst2. The mini lst is also small enough to take anywhere. My mlst comes to work with me every day in a little book bag (it loves job sites)
Old 11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Racing T

lol, how can you work with your mini lst at the office!?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
mycarisaser

It makes it really hard to work knowing that it is there but when lunch time comes I tear up the job site. I have jumped this thing off the 3rd story of a few houses that I have wired and didnt break a thing(I also live at the beach so it is landing into sand not hard dirt). its a blast .Now if I can get the diffs to last a little longer I would be set.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Racing T

youre kidding me! from a 3rd story buiding? wow youre crazy.. lol
Old 11-06-2006, 06:51 AM
mycarisaser

I was doing back flipps off the back side of a 30+ foot sand dune the other day with my mlst. Like I sais its a fun little truck that you can take anywhere. This little thing is what has made me want to get the real thing. I just hope that the lst2 will handle the abuse that the mini has.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Racing T

yeah trust me It will.. just change the arms and youre ready to some bashing.