Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MACH 427 Engine - How long do they usualy last ?

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

MACH 427 Engine - How long do they usualy last ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:15 AM
bhouckzz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MACH 427 Engine - How long do they usualy last ?

I just bought a Losi LST2 truck, killer rig right out of the box. The engine is pretty much broken in and really performs well for what iam doing. I was reading the posts and someone made the statement that the MACH 427 engines only last for about 3 or 4 gallons of fuel? Iam new to the nitro truck thing as i been into plane and helis mostly. I was just curious, also if there is an issue with the engines any tips to extend the life of the engine would be greatly apreciated, thanks a lot. BH
Old 10-28-2006, 12:21 AM
bakersfield basher

Default RE: MACH 427 Engine - How long do they usualy last ?

If you run low nitro content it will last longer, but I like it to scream till it dies on 30% then just rebuild it or upgrade it.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:23 AM
2DMaxLST!!

You can run richer with 30% and still make good power allowing engines to last longer, that's been my experience.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:29 AM
tnnhoward

Bought a LST2 same engine. Initially had trouble tuning. Got it tuned and broke a crankshaft after 2 gals.
Replaced Crankshaft, same piston & liner, now have 5 gals on it and it is running strong. Maybe too good, could be ready to go, but it runs great now.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:39 PM
wreckedraptor

3 gals before new engine, thats pretty good considering the maintnence i did(none)
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: wreckedraptor

3 gals before new engine, thats pretty good considering the maintnence i did(none)
3 gallons???!!! That poor engine.

Anyways, bhouckzz, your Mach should last you a long time if you use the heat cycle method to break it in. Also, proper care and maintenance ensures that your engine will hit 10 gallons, maybe more. Do not break-in by the manual and let it run idling on blocks. A proper wear-in will not occur and you will actually get less compression from a not-as-good compression seal.

I hope this helps.