Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Help with JR settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:49 PM
BVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with JR settings

I have a Fine Design BL converted LST2. The other day a bunch of us went bashing. I needed to change the freq on my radio. I didn't have the manual and I screwed up the radio settings by accident. I tried to get in touch with FD and they didn't answer. I called Losi and they had me reset the radio back to factory default settings.

I called Fine Design today and had a brief conversation with Chris. Now you never know how good a company is until you need support. Well when I told Chris what happened, he got very upset! I tried to explain this is my first hi-tech radio and I am still learning. Anyway I asked if he could pick up one of the converted LST2 radios and walk me through the settings. He was like they are all different, I cant be bothered to try. I said I know I may have to adjust them from there but at least this will get me close. Well he ended the conversation with a sarcastic good luck and I am still stuck. I cant believe his attitude! I just spent $1350 bucks with this guy and he cant be bothered to help?

If anyone has the FD conversion and still uses the stock JR radio, could you help me with the settings?

Steven
Old 11-03-2006, 02:26 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with JR settings

I have a JR XS3 if that helps? To change the channel you hold down the two left-hand buttons and turn on the transmitter. Then cycle to the freq setting and alter using the + / - keys.

Sorry i can't be more specific, i've not got it with me at the moment.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
BVM

Thanks. I know how to do all that. The problem is I dont know what the settings should be. FD sets each truck up but doesnt include 'base settings' instructions. I just called him again and he blew me off. Nice way to treat a customer that spent nearly $1400 with him.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...275-manual.pdf
Old 11-03-2006, 09:00 PM
mycarisaser

I have alway set my radios to my own personal likeings.You need to set your trims so that the steering is center. Set the end point adjustments so that you can go full steering without the servos moveing beyond that point. As for the throttle and brake set the throttle trim so that the motor is off and the brake calepers are not touching the discs. set the end points foward I would say at 100% and the breake at what ever feels go to you. Now you have your exp to adjust, that all personal preferance too. the higher you go the toucher the trigger or steering wheel becomes up to like 50% of movement and of course it is opposite if you bring you # down. I hope this helps. Radio adjustment are very easy and mostly your preferance. ( for example I have 2 xxx-t mf2s both have differant servos one is a hitec 625mg and the other has a airtronics 94360. (the hitec is slow and the airtronics is super fast) so I use the exp to slow the airtronics servo down alittle so its not so toucky but since the hitec is a lot slower servo I use it to speed it up to to give a faster feeling like the airtonics servo provides)
Old 11-04-2006, 03:22 AM
BVM

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

I have alway set my radios to my own personal likeings.You need to set your trims so that the steering is center. Set the end point adjustments so that you can go full steering without the servos moveing beyond that point. As for the throttle and brake set the throttle trim so that the motor is off and the brake calepers are not touching the discs. set the end points foward I would say at 100% and the breake at what ever feels go to you. Now you have your exp to adjust, that all personal preferance too. the higher you go the toucher the trigger or steering wheel becomes up to like 50% of movement and of course it is opposite if you bring you # down. I hope this helps. Radio adjustment are very easy and mostly your preferance. ( for example I have 2 xxx-t mf2s both have differant servos one is a hitec 625mg and the other has a airtronics 94360. (the hitec is slow and the airtronics is super fast) so I use the exp to slow the airtronics servo down alittle so its not so toucky but since the hitec is a lot slower servo I use it to speed it up to to give a faster feeling like the airtonics servo provides)
Thank you, thats the kind of information that helps me me understand what all these various settings mean.
Losi (actually Horizon) helped me get the reverse sorted. Somehow button A and C were reversed.