Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

FD electric muggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
mycarisaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FD electric muggy

I dont know if this has been posted yet or not but I seen it and though that you all might want to know . I like the it b/c it comes with a 5000mah battery where the aftershock and lst2 only come with a 3700mah one. Also the the 45 to 50 mph speed is cool too.

http://www.finedesignrc.com/ct-losi.asp

What do you all think?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:31 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: FD electric muggy

its been discussed many times, just use the search button. There was someone that posted a video of their FD LST2 and for $1200 it didn't impress me. For $1200 you can build a much nicer and fast brushless truck, even if its not as big as the lst2. The FD lst2 is only about as fast as the nitro lst2 for double the price. I dont see how having a quiet truck would be worth spending two times the amount, but thats just me.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Nitronutt

Chill out NJ Jets! He is mentioning the Muggy, not just the LST2.

No, I have not seen anything on the brushless Muggy. Cool find!

The thing is, I just converted my Brushless Stampede to do about 50mph. With a different battery and different gearing, I could easily hit 60+. I can wheelie whenever I want and the handling is great (Wide-Pede conversion).

I think both Nitros and Electrics have their place. I own and like both (after much consideration!).

Finedesign is overpriced for what you get. You would do better by buying the truck new and selling the engine, etc. right away, then buying the electric components. FineDesign is charging for their expertise, their design time and their trial and error.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:40 AM
mycarisaser

I am a big brushless person myself . I have 2 brushless xxx-ts one mf2 one mfe (mf2 can hit over 70mph), a brushless rustler, brushless mlst, I am getting a brushless lst2 or muggy. I talked to mike at rc-monsters and I think I am goimg with his motor and speed control sugestions over the Fd stuff. I dont like the bk controllers (I have had 3 of them and they are not very smooth) anyways he sugests a quark 125a speed controler with heatsinks and a Neu 1515/2.5d motor. I will also run 5s lipo.

Nitronutt I am ordering the metal diff and idler gear for my rustler from rc monster b/c The feigao 380 8t stripps it every time I have brought it out. How is your holding up? I also had to upgrade to 32 pitch spur and pinion.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Nitronutt

I've got good bearings in my Pede Tranny. I stripped the diff gear before I put the brushless system in, but since the rebuild, everything has been holding up great! I'm going to up my gearing a little to see if she goes even faster.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 PM
mycarisaser

I guess I will order some better bearings too. thanks