Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Many problems with my LST, please read

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
robdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Many problems with my LST, please read

Just put an OS 30vg engine in, got 5 tanks through it, ready to tune it and it is just running terrible. Spitting out fuel out of the exhaust like you won't believe, even if i put it to the stock settings and then lean it out it is still doing this. During break in both of the gears ( the big one and the metal one under the outside cover got stripped, they big one is the stock plastic, is this normal to have them strip (the teeth are badly messed up). How hard are these gears to fix for a beginner and how much are they generally.
One other question is the spring that closed the throttle is just too stiff and it is unable to open to full throttle or half for that matter. I have it off and it works ok but sometimes it sticks open a bit. One last one is... Any tips on tuning this engine? OS30 vg
All replies are appreciated!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:00 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Many problems with my LST, please read

The engine is just running really rich. You've got 5 tanks thru it already. Lean it out. Remember the LST and LST2 tanks are much larger than most other cars/trucks. So 5 tanks is actually quite alot of fuel. Tune it! The gears should not strip that easy. Sounds like you have a bad gear mesh. If this is on an LST1 you are talking about, then it may just be the lack of a secondary gear cover. If its an LST2, then you most likely had bad gear mesh.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:15 AM
robdog

Yes it is the lst1.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:42 PM
himmy33

get the gear mesh right and that should help with the stripped gears. good luck on tuning the engine