Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Official Muggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:52 AM
messn03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Muggy thread

Looking for an LST 2 speed TRANS ONLY...any ideas??...Later...Mess[:@]
Old 04-20-2010, 05:55 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ebay.. Chop-shops'll have'em cheap.. Or at least an Aftershock or XXL tranny..
Old 04-20-2010, 06:01 AM
messn03

Thanks for the Q reply...Mess
Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 AM
aspires

Hi my short engraving/build progres
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-d434DY5Ng[/youtube]
Old 05-14-2010, 09:13 AM
messn03

Awesome dude!!..I just did the steering mod w/ bearings..WOW what a difference..also put 8T hub extensions on..she carves like a BUTCHER!!! Thanks for all the help!!!....Later...Mess[:@]
Old 05-14-2010, 09:24 AM
aspires

aluminium hub extensions it is a bad option
try to use offset rims
less weight
less rotating mass
beter stering
less bearing overload
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 AM
messn03

Thanks! M[:@]
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 AM
messn03

Hey guys. My Werks .28 B7 pro is EATING glo plugs, so I sealed my carb base, replaced filter/ lines, sealed the HS needle (haven't re- fired it yet though)...it starts, idles and runs great ( about 235-40 deg)...but the plug is shot after every tank...can't afford this...If anyone has any suggestions, sure would app. it...Later all!!![:@] ...Mess
Old 05-24-2010, 10:53 AM
HerrSavage

When my LRP Spec 3 started eating plugs, it was several tanks (over a few-month period..) after I had switched fuels(from SW %25 to Tornado Race Blend %25..) Since going back to SW the plug-killing went away. I have since heard of people talking about how 1.) Tornado does go bad, and 2.) SW doesn't...

Don't know if that helps - probably doesn't - but just throwing it out there...

Also, what plugs are you using? I always liked OS A5's in my SH-based engines. But yeah, when my LRP was eating plugs, it was eating OS's.. [X(]

There are probably lots of reasons it could be eating plugs. I have heard of LRP's developing this problem.. Whether it's something minor like a tuning issue, or something more drastic though, I don't know.. If your performance and temps and smoke are good, and your fuel is fresh and good, and it's still killing a plug a tank, then I don't know.. [sm=confused.gif]

Could maybe be a head shim issue if you live at some weird elevation??.. Or are your running %30 without having added a shim(or removed one.. I forget which.. Have never run %30, but have heard you have to do something shim-wise if you do...)
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
messn03

I've been running O'Donnell 30 since break in w/out incident....there is not a shim in the head though...I'll try 'er again and LYK..thanks for all the good input!!!...Later...Mess[]
Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
aspires

messn try to buy werks orginall glow plug it will be the best to start
buy a new fuel maybe your O'Donnell is old and nitro fly away
setup engine again on new fuel and plug ....... burn 2-3 tanks and switch plug to new one just for case...... burn one more tank and check the plug
and buy a new one fuel filter inserts
i recomended Novarossi glow plug and sidewinder fuel

Old 05-24-2010, 06:13 PM
messn03

THANKS A!!!!!...Mess[:@]
Old 10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
iroc-u-face

I hella love my Muggy!!!!!! I got it a few months after it came out and have been lovin it ever since!!!! Keep the Muggy alive!!!! I spoke to some reps at the RC EXPO in Pomona L.A. and they wanna know some feed back after all these years!!!! If you have a rolling chassis that you wanna get rid of let me know!!!! I need a chassis!!!! Love your Muggy I will post pics soon!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:27 AM
evaderstbasher

Anyone still lurk on these forums? I am rebuilding mine and just ordered a new hardened chassis, a hitec HS-7955tg servo for steering and a LRP .28 among many other things. I hope that I am impressed by the performance of this truck, I am looking for some thing that can take corners at a relative quick speed without flipping over. The savage flips way too easy for me and I hope the muggy's chassis can withstand some sort of abuse. I am looking forward to putting it back together and let me know if anyone else is still running their muggys. Oh, and i bought some Badlands to go all around. Already have a 12t clutch bell. and i got bearings for the steering assembly and new dynamite long life clutch shoes. I read this whole guide and am hoping that the muggy will perform good. I will get some pics up next week if anyone is still on this thread.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
messn03

Hey! I'm here!!.....getting a little cooler her in MI, so going to run a few more times until the snow flies...you have a good plan and I will post sum pic's for reference.I actually bent my frame by running into my boy's truck last time out. I straightened it as best I could and will be ordering the new one off of E-bayhttp://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-LOSB2275-HARD-ANODIZED-MAIN-CHASSIS-PLATE-MUGGY-/270623449092?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f026a2004 Is this what you bought?...talk to you later!!Mess[:@]
Old 10-24-2010, 09:31 AM
HerrSavage

My Muggy with LRP Spec 3 28 and Jammin hard ano JP-2 pipe was one of the funnest RC's I've had.. Good power.. And tough..

How in the h.ell are you guys bending chassis'?

7955 is THE servo to get too..

Get it all together and go run it.. If you run into clutch issues, look into fabricating some kind of chassis stiffener brace like I had..(pics here somewhere I think..)

Dynamites are good, but the Fioroni was better I found..

Badlands are also great tires - best on the Muggy (and LST2) with 0 offset...

Get up som pics!!

I miss my Mug...

EDIT - ha ha... Just checked e-bay here for Muggys... And what do I see at the top of the list? My old one!! Ha ha... Guy's asking way too much for it... Bought it used myself - and that from a guy who'd pieced it together from e-bay..
Old 10-29-2010, 12:22 AM
MuggyDude

Woh, just thought I'd take a look on here. I miss my muggy[&:]! Right now my Savage Flux is my bashing vehicle, and it's a beast. Racing I have an 8ight-E 2.0 and 8t 2.0 nitro. Love em both, IMHO best racers out there. Though I would still pick up a muggy in a heartbeat. Even trade my savage flux for a bl one. Just thought I'd drop in a say hello mess...
Old 10-30-2010, 12:46 AM
evaderstbasher

Hey, its coming along nicely. Pictures tomorrow afternoon sometime hopefully. I piut those bearings in the steering post, 6x10x3 and the steering is tight. Like it is binding? The only thing I see tghat I can't remember how it goes is the servo saver side. I put a bearing on top and bottom but it seems like the metal servo saver tube is binding on the chassis, the steering post isn't showing on the bottom of the tube like on the opposite side. The bearing and post go inside the tub and sit flush on the steering saver side. Any ideas or do the bearings make it harder to turn? I haven't tried the bushings and seeing it that is tghe problem. Let me know,

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 AM
messn03

MuggyDude.......you have a PM!! Nice to seeya back...Later...Mess[:@]
Old 12-01-2010, 05:36 AM
messn03

Hey people...just wanted to say "hi" and "Bye'', as lack of work has forced me to put the Muggy on e-Bay along with alot of my other hobby things. Give a "shout" ifya know anyone looking for stuff..appreciate all of the input on the forum...we'll see if I can "re-group" next season..really[][:@] loved my Muggy!!.......Later all!...Mess [:@]
Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 AM
messn03

Check out the nice Muggy roller on RCU for sale....Mess[:@]
Old 12-25-2010, 03:03 AM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys, do you have the part #'s or bearing sizes needed to replace the bushings on the bellcrank and servo saver? Lost one of the bearings while i was at work trying to fix it up. It kinda sucks cause i am back out here in Iraq doing crazy mods. on the same truck. But at least this time we have a nicer track to run on and some killer jumps.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:22 AM
just_now

I think it is the same size bearings that they use in servos. If you have a old servo with bearings, give that a try. Cheers.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:13 PM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah about that i dont have any old servo's laying around out here with me in Iraq. I had the link once with all the stuff but it is no longer up. So i was hoping someone still had the sizes that i needed for those particular bearings.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:33 AM
just_now

I believe the steering post bearings are 6x10x3mm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.