Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

spur gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
nitroburnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spur gear

ok, the last two times i have run my lst2 it does fine but when i'm done i can spin the spur and clutch gears and there is a tick ...last time i found that one of the spur gear teeth had an indention near the tip which made the tip of the tooth longer and that was causing the tick so i got an emery board and filed on it a little and it quit now its doing the same thing again ... so is the gear mesh too close or what ... is it possible something is getting in there and causing it, i did not see anything when i took off the gear cover last time... or do i need a new spur gear ...all the teeth on the clutch bell are fine or i'm sure all the teeth on the spur would be bad by now ...tia
Old 08-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Sugafree

Default RE: spur gear

Check to see if your Engine brace Cracked,(If it is cracked it can/will allow the Engine to move under Full throttle casusing the Mesh to go out of wack) If so this is a Better one, http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...14b-detail.htm
And for what a set of Spur Gears Cost.....I'd re-Place them.......
Old 08-01-2007, 11:45 PM
nitroburnr

thanks but i have that one on there now not cracked or broken
Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
KillaBee33

It's most likely just a pebble. I've had several embed themselves into my Aftershock's spur gears, causing a ticking sound. When I removed the pebble, the ticking went away.