Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

more acceleration for aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:56 PM
spikeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more acceleration for aftershock

What mods can I do to get acceleration with out losing top speed on my team losi aftershock.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:22 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: more acceleration for aftershock

put on the HT pipe and it you will be amazed,you will gain on both ends
Old 08-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Spider

Speed & acceleration can be boosted by eeveral things, here are some that will cost you about $120 for both - get a tuned pipe (Losi makes several about $60-$70) & an aluminum cylinder head (allows you to better tune the engine). I have not done these upgrades yet. I feel as though mine gives me ample Acceleration & speed for back-yard bashing!

For more speed, you could install Losi's High Speed TiNi Gear set, you would have to purchase many other parts to make it work on the Aftershock, I did this upgrade & it cost me about $60 (for everything needed). I did this because I got a pebble stuck in my gears and ruined all of it, so I went with metal gears & a RPM gear cover, no problems!

Thanks & be good!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

I am telling you that if you put the HT pipe on you will be thanking me later,I have the truck and put the pipe on it and it is dollar for dollar the very best thing you can do to the truck,you dont have to buy all the stuff mentioned above because I have'nt and have never broken anything on mine and have ran the wheels off it,it is still my favorite truck by far.With the pipe upgrade it will fly trust me I have first hand experience with this setup
Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Super Spider

No, I wasn't suggesting that he had to buy them. He wanted to know what upgrades would increase his speed, I agree he needs the tuned pipe. If he wants more, a good quality head should be next. I replaced my stock gears with metal for a specific reason as listed, while I was replacing them I used the High Speed Gears from Losi, ad was extreamly impressed, with out the new pipe or head. I gave him a few suggestions and he can choose which ones to pick from, hwever, after reading my post again, I can see where it looks as though I was telling him to get the pipe and the head, sorry - I need to watch that!

Thanks & be good!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Racing T

also if you install alum clutch shoes it will accelerate harder.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Super Spider

Yep, forgot about those, DUH![sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 08-04-2007, 02:09 PM
iexion

Go with "long-wear alum clutch shoes". the "stock" alum clutch shoes lasted about two gallons for me and they really do leave alot of dust in the clutch bell

http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...328-detail.htm
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Fr33ze

I too recomend getting the "HT" tuned pipe made by Losi. That and the LST2 second gear hub to fix the 2nd gear perma jammin. Most ppl smoke there clutch thinking that its the stock clutch thats junk when in reality its stuck in 2nd gear... Im going on gallon 6 with my stock clutch.

What I need are some better diff gutz and nicer axle shafts...[:@]

I luv my Shocker!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
KillaBee33

Lighter tires will help a lot, even if they are a smaller diameter. The lower rotating mass of the tires will allow the engine to rev higher, allowing the truck to regain any lost speed due to reduced rollout.