Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

sluggish ss26 aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:07 PM
cen1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sluggish ss26 aftershock

ok finally broke in the engine, did the sixth tank and started to lean, ok got to a point where the temps where like 215 220 and noticed the truck is sluggish when I pin the trigger, fooled around with the the high speed needle again still sluggish, doesent seem to have get up and go, any hints.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
iexion

Default RE: sluggish ss26 aftershock

try changing the stock clutch shoes to alum ones. those plastic ones that came stock are crap. that will really help to wake up your truck. and if you can get a better pipe/ tuned pipe i would highly recommend it

http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...328-detail.htm
Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Sugafree

I'd give it a little Time to Wake-up, The Machs seem to come alive around the Gallon mark..........................The HT Pipe and Alum Clutch shoes will help Big time too.....
Old 08-06-2007, 09:25 PM
cen1

ORIGINAL: Sugafree

I'd give it a little Time to Wake-up, The Machs seem to come alive around the Gallon mark..........................The HT Pipe and Alum Clutch shoes will help Big time too.....

so whats the hesitation on the motor, should I try fooling around with the needles, bring them back to factory settings?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 PM
iexion

its not so much as the engine as it is ( or could be ) the slipper might be set too loose **factory setting is to fully tighten the nut down then untighten 1 FULL turn** of it can still need a bit more breaking in. If the engine sounds like its under water then your still running rich. BUT if the engine sounds like it has to rev a bit for the truck to start moving then something is loose
Old 08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
cen1

ORIGINAL: iexion

its not so much as the engine as it is ( or could be ) the slipper might be set too loose **factory setting is to fully tighten the nut down then untighten 1 FULL turn** of it can still need a bit more breaking in. If the engine sounds like its under water then your still running rich. BUT if the engine sounds like it has to rev a bit for the truck to start moving then something is loose

what can be loose, I tightened the slipper cultch backed out a turn, its been very humid here could that be the problem, I tuned the hs needle till it hestiated, then backed it up temps at 240, but still sluggish. didnt fool to much with the ls needle.[]
Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 PM
madmaxx81

mine runs that way to, when its humid. a new pipe alone will wake it up BIG time...
Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
iexion

To help get the best tune you need to make sure that not only is the air filter clean but put enough nitro on the filter so that you can squeeze the rest of it out. this shouldnt take alot of fuel but it does help with tuning. try re-setting the needles back to factory (close fully then 3 turns out) then lean things out from there. start off by leaning the HSN then lean out the LSN

If you do or do not know how to tune an engine. this is a good but long read to get you started or to re-fresh you memory

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm

When i first started running my aftershock, it seemed like i had to rev up the engine before it started to move so im guessing your having this problem. But like most of us have been saying. get a new pipe and or some new clutch shoes
Old 08-08-2007, 07:06 AM
aftershock21

i agree with what everybody is saying. i just recently upgraded to the aluminum clutch shoes and the difference was immediatly noticable. like everyone else said start with that then fine tune your HSN and LSN and your truck should run fine