Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate LST/LST2/Aftershock Body Thread..

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

The Ultimate LST/LST2/Aftershock Body Thread..

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The Ultimate LST/LST2/Aftershock Body Thread..

OK, I've pretty much come to believe that the LST2 is the best truck going... But one definite(albeit minor..) disadvantage is a lack of body choices...

ESPECIALLY, if, like me, you have the New Era roll-bar...

I'm up for a new bod, but at this point I've gotten kinda' sick of pickups, and more into the racer look.. But with the NE roll-bar the choices are few and far and far between. The Desert Rat barely fits... The CP2.0 for LST2?? Don't know, but the standard CP2.0 doesn't, cuz of hte big dip in front of the windshield. I kind of like the look of the JConcepts LST Illuzion body - but that concave roof doesn't look good for the rollbar... I'd even be willing to cut part of the roof out... Then you could also take advantage of the handle aspect of the rollbar..

As far as pickups go I do like the Ford F650 and Dodge Megacab - but I really don't want a pickup right now...

What about some of the truggy bodies?? Anybody have an LST and a chic truggy body they can try it out on??...

Any other ideas??
Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
NitroDemon18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Ultimate LST/LST2/Aftershock Body Thread..

I know the stock Hellfire body fits. Theres some pics of it in the gallery.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
HerrSavage

What gallery??

I like the Hellfire bod...(though it's HPI, so prob not too strong...)
Old 08-08-2007, 10:42 AM
NitroDemon18

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2035810/mpage_53/key_losi%2Csuper%2Ctruck%2Cpictures/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2035810/mpage_53/key_losi%2Csuper%2Ctruck%2Cpictures/tm.htm[/link]
Its a few posts down.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
smaxx3.3

ORIGINAL: NitroDemon18

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2035810/mpage_53/key_losi%2Csuper%2Ctruck%2Cpictures/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2035810/mpage_53/key_losi%2Csuper%2Ctruck%2Cpictures/tm.htm[/link]
Its a few posts down.
looks like the hellfire body is a little short, he has a wing on that truck so you don't notice it that much.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
HerrSavage

Yeah that looks pretty good.. From the front.. But I don't think I want to run a wing on the LST2 - seems the mounts break too easy.., so if it's too short that could be weird.. And I would wonder if the rollbar would fit..
Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Grits

The Proline Hummer body will fit and should clear the roll bar, unless you want a racer body. You'll probably not find a lot of racer bodies that will clear the roll bar, seems like low profile is the norm in racer bodies. Losi's bug body might work also.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 AM
HerrSavage

Well I ordered the Ford F-650.. I like it for a pickup - at least in pics I've seen... We'll see if I like in real life.... I'm thinking just solid silver.. Silver looks good with white rims...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Grits

I've been thinking about cutting one of those Heineken mini kegs in half, drilling some body post holes and a cooling hole and mounting that. Might last longer than lexan, would definetely be different, and could double as a roll cage. Not to mention that if it needed replacing, emptying the replacementsounds promising. Your idea is probably better.