Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

lean machine lst

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
heartless78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lean machine lst

for some reason when i start my aftershock i have to lean it out to 1 3/4 turns and then after it warms up return it to 2.5? any ideas why that would be? i had an air leak not long ago but that problem is fixed as far as i can tell and runs great after its warm and i richen it back up. oh and btw i put the lst2 pipe on like all you guys said and i gotta say its like a whole new truck! and does anyone want to buy a revo because i dont like it since i've swapped to losi lmao
Old 08-13-2007, 08:29 PM
nitroburnr

Default RE: lean machine lst

my lst2 seems a little rich to start and then gets lean by the end of the tank which i think is pretty common ... so i have heard ... the exhaust pushing the fuel to the carb heats the fuel as the tank goes, so i found a happy medium so it runs ok to start and is flying after a couple of min. but keep a check on the temp so it dont get to high
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM
iexion

once the engine gets warm it needs more fuel. Starting from a cold start means it needs more air ( lean ) till it gets warmed up. some of my engines did the same thing. Could try leaning out the LSN a bit. But it just means your engine isnt 100% perfectly tuned but thats not a big deal because im sure your 90% close anuff anyways
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 PM
heartless78

thanx a bunch, only reason i found that weird is because both of my traxxas dont have that problem. i'll try leaning out the lsn a touch and see what happens
Old 08-14-2007, 09:58 AM
RCtruckRacer

You describe a normal condition, albeit a slightly exaggerated one. Almost all R/C engines run a bit rich until they're warmed up, and the bigger the displacement, the more this is evident. At least that has been my experience. This is why every tuning manual that's worth its salt will tell you not to tune until the engine is warmed up. My OS .12tz only takes about 30 seconds on the track. My LRP .28 takes at least 1.5 - 2 minutes. You can shorten the time by warming up the engine with a hairdryer or heat gun. But that seems like overkill for a basher.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:53 PM
heartless78

you missunderstood my question. it will only run on the lean side when it is cold and then i can richen the mixture
Old 08-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Super Spider

No, I think he answered it properly, you have to run your engine lean, until it warms up. What he said was that the engine runs rich until it warms up, for the engine to run like you want it to you have to lean it out, then you have to richen it once it is hot or the engine will run lean. You were both on the same page, he was (not trying to imply that you suggested to do this) stating it as if you had the engine tuned right the last time you used it, and left the settings where they were, your engine would run rich until it warmed up, then it would be tuned properly again. I hope I didn't add to the confusion!

Thanks $ be good!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:46 PM
heartless78

lol im buyin what ur sellin hehe
Old 08-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Super Spider

I'm glad you got a kick out of it. It does sound a bit wierd, as much as I repeated my self, but it's true!

Thanks & be good!