Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

muggys screwed up

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 PM
unluckylonestar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muggys screwed up

every time i gas the throttle my steering twitches really bad to the point where i have no control over it and it drives where it wants to drive but my throttle servo works fine. anyone know why this is happening
Old 08-22-2007, 11:33 PM
V12REVO

Default RE: muggys screwed up

i think it might be a low or damaged receiver battery pack, or your receiver, check your antena wire, also your controller.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:06 AM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

By pass your on and off switch,plug your battery right into your reciever and see if that fixes it
Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 AM
roweder

my LST2 was doing that, it was because the throttle servo was less powerful so it used less power, but my metal geared servos used alot of electricity, so they didn't work, and the low-power nylon geared servos did work. my battery was bad. yours may be too.

that LST2 is now a Muggy with an OFNA 1600 battery
Old 08-23-2007, 10:40 AM
unluckylonestar

funny thing is when the truck is off worls perfectly but it only does it when the engine running at ilde the front tires will be striaght but any gas the front end starts turning which ever way the want
Old 08-23-2007, 10:41 AM
unluckylonestar

oh yea i have a hg645 servo for the steering and used one of the old JR steering servos for the throttle now so that could maybe be using to much power maybe
Old 08-23-2007, 12:04 PM
roweder

that was when it started with mine actually, i had a Z650 in my throttle, and the F/R servo worked but the others didn't, try using a spare battery or bring it to your local hobby shop, they'll let you test out a spare. Or if you have the AA battery adapter that came with the JR system, try that.

maybe the Hitec servo requires more power than the Z590 on your throttle?

hope this info helps,
Derek
Old 08-23-2007, 12:54 PM
roweder

it says 92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are the other 8% put this in your sig

your a teenager right? i'm 14 how old are you?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
roweder

crap i hit quote instead of edit idk how to delete these
Old 08-23-2007, 02:44 PM
SOILWORK

ORIGINAL: roweder

it says 92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are the other 8% put this in your sig

My user name says it all

As far as the servo glitching goes it sounds like you have interference...makes sure the servo wires are not near any metal parts..use heat shrink tubing around all wires to help insulate. Some times when the engine runs they can cause interference...not sure why but I think maybe they create some type of magnetic charge.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
roweder

ORIGINAL: SOILWORK

My user name says it all

As far as the servo glitching goes it sounds like you have interference...makes sure the servo wires are not near any metal parts..use heat shrink tubing around all wires to help insulate. Some times when the engine runs they can cause interference...not sure why but I think maybe they create some type of magnetic charge.
it could be interference if it doesn't do that when the engine's stopped, do you still have the stock AM radio? switching to DSM would be really expensive, so let's hope it's the battery
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 PM
roweder

ORIGINAL: SOILWORK

My user name says it all

it could be interference if it doesn't do that when the engine's stopped, do you still have the stock AM radio? switching to DSM would be really expensive, so let's hope it's the battery
wait a second, how could motors create a magnetic charge when the piston and rod are aluminum? aluminum isn't magnetic or is it from the crankshaft?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
SOILWORK

Not sure, I had the same problem with my TNX, The servo would twitch when the engine is running and it would stop when the engine is off, It could be that when the engine is running, there is just enough of vibration to move the wires a liitle causing the servo to glitch. I insulated all the wires with heat shrink and the problem stopped.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
unluckylonestar

well did some testing on it the battery is not bad but now it will twitch with the engine off. i will steer it with the transmitter and lose steering out of it then get it back abd then when i tap on the radio tray it twitch really bad so took it to my lhs and they told me it was the receiver so it gets here wednesday so hope that fixes it
Old 08-29-2007, 10:09 AM
roweder

ORIGINAL: unluckylonestar

well did some testing on it the battery...
today's Wednesday, tell me if that fixes it
Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
unluckylonestar

put it today works like a champ took the old reciever apart when i crack it open sand just fell out of it so i quess i have to find a better way os sealing the reviever box but i quess my fualt