Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

revo or aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:29 PM
passinby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo or aftershock

should i keep my big block revo or trade for a almost new new aftershock with an axial.28 also has alot of other upgrades
Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Sugafree

Default RE: revo or aftershock

Anyway you Could Post a Pic of the Aftershock? (to see what the other up-Grades are)
Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Fr33ze

If your a racer, then keep the revo.

If your a basher, go for the shock.

I got my shock going pritty quick now, even in 2wd! I stoped using my 3.3 tmaxx all together now, lol.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:13 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Personally, I'm unimpressed by the Aftershock... it's really nothing special... it's a stripped down LST2... essentially.... so, take what makes the LST2 good... pull it off... throw a lower price tag on it... and you have an Aftershock. If it were me, I'd keep the Revo... now, if the question was about an LST2... I'd have a harder time with the answer... LOL... I just got the parts for my Revo... I should be able to drive it this weekend...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Super Spider

I love my Aftershock, my neighbor has a Revo, and I think both trucks have their places, as mentioned above, the revo may be more suited for racing & the Aftershock is definately a hardcore basher! The Aftershock will make a great racer as well depending on how it is set-up. The LST 2 is great, but not all of the upgrades on it are the top of the line and depending on the need, they get upgraded as well. So think about what you are going to be using it for, consider what other options you will need to make the Aftershock into a racer/ basher - then think if it is worth it!

Thanks & be good!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
ttoks

i'd keep the revo, if it was a well setup LST2 it would be a different story but in my opinion and aftershock isn't really worth it.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Jrgunn5150

Man you guy's are down on the AFtershock, mine is great. However, do whatever you want to do, and if you go to the Traxxas forum and ask, they'll all say "Revo's rule everything el;se drools" blah blah blah.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
KILL--ROY

Get a SAVAGE and you will forget about all the other toy trucks, because you will have the real-deal.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Jrgunn5150

Yeah, I have two Savages, I prefer the Aftershock.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:15 PM
DaveG55

I have a Savage, a T-Maxx, an LST (1) and a Revo.
I'll list them in my order of preference

Revo
LST/T-Maxx - a tie
Savage

Nothing strong against any of them but I would not trade my Revo for an Aftershock.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Jrgunn5150

See I prefer my Aftershock to my Revo also, although the Revo is waay more impressive durability wise than the haters make it out to be. It's all personal preference in the end.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Fr33ze

Honestly, you can put down the shock, but in reality, if you lined up an LST2 vs. a shock with the same gear (ie: same engine, gearing, pipe, rims/tires etc.) the shock would come out on top...

Why you ask, simple, you can see it in the pics that have been posted over and over, the shock is lighter!

Less material = lighter overall truck... Call it weak, but its stronger then my stock 3.3 tmaxx plastic, hell, its the strongest stock truck Ive seen at the race track in person.

If anyone would listen to me for once then no one would cry bout the clutch shoe melting issue... I still got the factory installed, stock clutch shoes and put 13 gallons on it so far.

I only needed the losi "HT"pipe, 2nd gear hub and sper, throttle linkage but it diddnt need it really, and tires/rims, thats all. Its $200 cheaper then the LST2 and in the end can be faster.

Now for all out bashing, the LST2 wins hands down, no way can it be topped in my opinion. Wicked for durability. You can tell, in this forum section we dont have too many pages on LST2 problems. All I see in the HPI sub forum is savy problems (no offence savy owners, just saying the way I see it). And the traxxas forums its all but teh maxx series trucks. Ive been on this and many other forums for a while now, and Ive read a lot of posts from everyone and there RC woes. Most are from inexperience and could have been avoided, but some problems are actuall problems.

I cant wait till I can afford a 1/5th scale gasser.

The revo is tops for racing, hands down, but it would never take the abuse that I put my shock through all the time.

Keep researching passinby, stay a while, learn from the misstakes from others, and get the rig that suites your needs, not the bias opinions from the owners and haters.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:25 PM
rapsucks_07

aftershock save up more and get the lst2 well worth it
Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 PM
ttoks

plus one to rapsucks, i'll be buying me an LST2 in a few weeks (got one on order at the LHS), i wont be selling the revo though, i've had way to much fun with it.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:11 PM
BMX420BOY_77

Thats not a stock aftershock so I would go with the aftershock. I have an aftershock and a lst and they are both bad!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

Personally, I'm unimpressed by the Aftershock... it's really nothing special... it's a stripped down LST2... essentially.... so, take what makes the LST2 good... pull it off... throw a lower price tag on it... and you have an Aftershock. If it were me, I'd keep the Revo... now, if the question was about an LST2... I'd have a harder time with the answer... LOL... I just got the parts for my Revo... I should be able to drive it this weekend...
Yup youre right, the aftershock performans nearly as well as and LST2 is super durable, still has a good radio, and is probably $75 less than most other MTs on the market and half the price of an LST2. I agree its garbage.

No but seriously the aftershock is a great truck for the $$. When I was looking I really didnt see the options the LST2 had was worth almost twice the price so I bought the shock. I havent had much trouble with it.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:32 PM
dgz69er

Have you actually driven an Aftershock?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

Nope, but I've driven an LST2.. (which I own)... it's basically the same thing, just de-tuned.. and cheaper. I've driven an LST... which is the "Original" Aftershock... my point was... if the Aftershock were so good, why do they sell it for almost half the price of the LST2? Why do they sell an upgrade kit to make it an LST2? It's because all the good things they did to the LST2 to make it the truck it is... they took it off the Aftershock. I'm not alone in my thoughts... but... either way, they're my thoughts. I seriously considered buying an Aftershock.. until all the Aftershock owners talked me out of it.

Have you actually driven an LST2 and a Revo?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:22 PM
BMX420BOY_77

The aftershock is for the people that cant afford lst2 or the muggy. so the upgrade kit is for when they have more money they can upgrade it.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:27 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: BMX420BOY_77

The aftershock is for the people that cant afford lst2 or the muggy. so the upgrade kit is for when they have more money they can upgrade it.
Yeah, it is... which also means that the Aftershock isn't as good as the LST2 (which is kind of a known element) stock vs. stock. If you can't afford $550 for a LST2... I say go with an Aftershock, but the original question was about buying an Aftershock vs. keeping a Revo... if you can't afford an LST2... I still say... just keep the Revo. Having owned both, I have respect for both trucks... and the very short time I had yesterday running my Revo brought back my love for my Revo. This thread is to ask for opinions... and my opinion is... the Aftershock is not as good of a truck as the LST2... and without some of the features of the LST2, the Revo would (in my mind) be a better choice.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:31 PM
BMX420BOY_77

But he said that the aftershock is not stock and thats why I would go with the aftershock
Old 09-02-2007, 09:05 PM
RenegadeRevo

But he said that the aftershock is not stock and thats why I would go with the aftershock
Understood. We have differing opinions... and that's fine. I still think an upgraded aftershock is still an Aftershock... but.... that's why we're all able to have opinions... we are welcome to be different.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 PM
IL2mSturmovik

An Aftershock for $320 @ Killer Hobbies is teh best deal out there for nitro rc monster trucks.
Put a LST2 pipe on it, spur gear, and you have a badass, fast basher
Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of comment is that? I have two 1/5 scale gas trucks and an Aftershock. I purchased an Aftershock, not because I couldn't "afford" an LST2, but because the Aftershock is good enough for what I will use it for, light bashing and something small to run around my neighborhood without a 20+ pound RC running into full-size cars or people.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:51 PM
dgz69er

ORIGINAL: dgz69er

Nope, but I've driven an LST2.. (which I own)... it's basically the same thing, just de-tuned.. and cheaper. I've driven an LST... which is the "Original" Aftershock... my point was... if the Aftershock were so good, why do they sell it for almost half the price of the LST2? Why do they sell an upgrade kit to make it an LST2? It's because all the good things they did to the LST2 to make it the truck it is... they took it off the Aftershock. I'm not alone in my thoughts... but... either way, they're my thoughts. I seriously considered buying an Aftershock.. until all the Aftershock owners talked me out of it.

Have you actually driven an LST2 and a Revo?

I just asked you a question, but since you feel like debating. If I was looking to build a racer out of a lst based vehicle. I would start with the aftershock. Its a great starting point. You can't use reverse in racing, you don't need the high/low gears. Your going to trash the stock motor and radio anyways, if your a serious racer. The only real advantage the lst2 has over the aftershock from a racing stand point is the 20mm hexes. The a-arms are not any stronger. I have owned a lst2. I broke way more a-arms on that than I ever did my aftershock. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good set of a-arms.

As for your question. Yes I've owed a lst2, so yes I have driven it. I have also driven several revo's. Not my cup of tea, but I didn't make any derogatory comments about the revo either. I've also happen to own, or have owned: aftershock, lst1, savage 25, muggy, eight b, eight t, ofna hyper 7, t-maxx, hellfire, e-savage, crt .5, mini lst, rc18b, duratrax evader st, sportwerks raven, nitro tc3, micro t.

I've owned a lot of vehicles, and driven a lot more. I run the races for the my lhs. So i've spent a little time around these things. Out of all my experience. Which certainly isn't the most, and I'm not the most indefinate wisdom by any means. Out of all these things. The one thing I have learned is that you shouldn't put a product down until you drive one a few times. It doesn't matter if you think its exactly the same. Its not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.