Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

lst2 servo savers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
CBM Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lst2 servo savers

Recently upgraded my steering servos trying to gain more onpower steering. I can turn very nice offpower but goosing the throttle I cansee my wheels streighten out even with 2 130 oz. digitals. Rebuilt the servo savers and tried adding extra clips but still not good enough, it's driving me nuts[:@]. There is very little slop elsewhere in the steering, just those lame(imo)servo savers, any ideas?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 PM
full maxx

Default RE: lst2 servo savers

have you tried the b.a.c. link i have not but some say it gives increased turning ability......(i made my own but my stockers craped out at the same time so i dont know if it works yet ) btw what servos are you useing
Old 10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Grits

Hmmm...maybe try putting the extra springs on backwards, with the opening to the other side from the stockers. IDK and stupid as it sounds, are you sure both servos are working? Not intended to offend, just shooting in the dark. Check the mounting for the servos and make sure something hasn't broke/come loose. Make sure the steering link hasn't broke. That's a good one. Let us know what you come up with.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 PM
CBM Racing

DOoh! I left my stuff in my shop, so I can't remember what # they are, I do know that they are hitec, digital metal geared with 130 oz torque and .12 or .17 sec speed at 6 volts. I'm thinking 9245? Hmm, will see tomarrow. But I do know that my steering link is ok, as well as everything else, Maybe try putting extra clips on reverse ways(I know what you were saying). If noone knows of a different saver that works like kimbrough(sp?) or other, it may be my only resort. I rember now, 5625's.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM
full maxx

so i guess hitec fits the stock servo savers
Old 10-23-2007, 09:32 PM
CBM Racing

I was reading other threads and saw that the mgt servosavers work, are they much better? I love these new servos but still need better savers, Maybe I can make my own... Probably not as easy as buying some! Hey Full Maxx, the stock savers are not as well fitting as I had hoped, I can't fit the hitec horn on the jr servo, but can fit jr horn on hitec servo. I think the fit is off justa hair but they do go on and TIGHT! Will keep looking for options.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Servo Spline counts...

Hitec: 24 spline shaft
Airtronics/HPI/Sanwa/KO/JR: 23 spline shaft
Futaba: 25 spline shaft

If you run Hitech servo's you need to use the base part of this servo saver -->. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFUL4&P=7]Associated #25166[/link]
Old 10-24-2007, 09:14 AM
CBM Racing

Yep. I just checked things out again, and stock savers are stripped where they mount to servo output shaft. It really stinks not having a hobby shop within 50 miles. Am going to try modding a servohorn that came with the servo to use as a base for stock ones. If it don't work I go on a road trip this weekend[:'(], with the price of gas or waiting on shipping vs. needing the part, I guess I pay the price either way. Why don't major manufacturers make or include a servosaver shped like a regular one armed horn, as that is what 90% of the market could really use? This hobby really bugs me sometimes!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
2DMaxLST!!

It would be nice if all servos came splined the same and used the same thread type on the screw.... I installed a couple of Hitech servos in the steering of my LST last week so I feel your pain.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
rapsucks_07

yep i had the same problem when i installed hitecs for steering im using Ae ones that 2dmaxx said he pointed me to the right direction when i got them. I went trough 3 stockers sets till i figured they were different. I felt like an idiot ones i got the ae ones it was all good. Use the ae bottoms and losis tops
Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
CBM Racing

Thanks guys, helps out a bunch. Now I just need to get them and get over this darn cold! Was going to go see family this weekend and check out the last 1/4 scale grand nats. of the season, but will have to pass[&o]. A little off topic but if you like big, fast, and ultra cool you should check them out sometime.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:59 AM
gt5500

Is there an alternative to the MGT servo savers? its just that over here they are really expensive, two would cost as much as a pair of tyres.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Sugafree

ORIGINAL: gt5500

Is there an alternative to the MGT servo savers? its just that over here they are really expensive, two would cost as much as a pair of tyres.
Ya just get These and Snap a Extra Spring or 2 Over the Stockers........

Like this,
Old 10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
CBM Racing

Unfortunatly, you may not have noticed we were asking about savers for hitec servos, not stockers. Good try though.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
gt5500

ORIGINAL: CBM Racing

Unfortunatly, you may not have noticed we were asking about savers for hitec servos, not stockers. Good try though.
Unfortunately you may not have noticed he was answering my question about beefing up the stock ones
Old 10-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Sugafree

ORIGINAL: CBM Racing

Well if you Read my Post I Awnsered the Question of the Person I Quoted.....

As far as for Savers for Hitec, http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/a...167-detail.htm

Edit, You'll Still want to use the Tops from the Stockers with the MGT Savers.......
Old 10-27-2007, 01:50 PM
CBM Racing

Sorry I blew up. I think this is one of the very few design flaws with this truck, I think they should have used a bellcrank system similar to revo or savage with built in adjusable savers. Hint for any aftermarket producers of fine quality parts, as I think with little effort someone could come up with a bolt in direct swap with built in savers and full ballraced to reduce slop and make it easier for folks like me that just run/race+repair/rebuild, not engineer. Cnc 7075 al. or titanium would be great to.