Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

mismatched servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
savageXrookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mismatched servos

I had a steering servo poo out during a qualifier yesterday. I thought it was rx pack at first, but only one servo was turning. I've been racing w/the stock JRz590's and they've been fine. In a pinch, I had to put in a Hitec 645mg (133oz, .20 sec), along w/ JR590 (85oz, .15 sec). The difference in speeds is what concerned me. How harmful was that and to which sevo? I have a new 590 and JRz4800T in a savage (which was at home of course). what do you guys think about a z590 and z4800T(162oz, .16 sec) combo since the speeds are almost the same and it SHOULD add to overall torque?? Or do you think I'm on crack . LOL
Old 12-17-2007, 08:17 AM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: mismatched servos

Ideally, you want matched servos for steering. Mismatched servos will fight each other, but I would guess that when they are that close in speed the servo savers should absorb the brunt of the force from the difference in speed. Just a guess though.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:02 AM
REVO X
My Feedback: (10)

hhhmm.... I've read this in a different forum, same posting
Old 12-20-2007, 09:55 AM
CBM Racing

Just make sure they turn the same direction and they turn the same amount, otherwise, bzzzztpoof. But match them up as soon as youcan.