Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Servo removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Griffsred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo removal?

I'm having a hard time trying to remove my steering servos on my LST2. For the life of me I can't figure out how to take the steering bell cranks out, so that I can remove these servos. How do I take out the shafts? I'm guessing if I take those out I can get the bell cranks out. Can anyone out there help me out?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Big-Bird-VA

Default RE: Servo removal?

I just did my LST an hour ago. Take off the front skid plate. Take a screw that held the skid plate on and thread it into the pin that holds the bellcrank in place. They're threaded same size. Then pull the pin right out. Take the arm off the servo and you're done. I'm assuming the LST2 has the same setup as the LST. One of mine quit working so I did the pair.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Griffsred

The screws fit right in there, but those pins are not moving at all.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Griffsred

Does anyone have any other ideas(thanx Big Bird).
Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 AM
full maxx

yeah but i dont know of any short cut ...i had to tear down the whole front end .... take off the servo toppers then work them out .... they are somewhat tight but they should come out ....if you can't get them out wait till later today and either sugafree or 2dmaxlst will know the best way as i have only done it once there mat be a better way
Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Big-Bird-VA

The pins unless they have a screw on the other side should pull out. Tried some loosening agent or lube? Do they spin or does the screw that you put in bottom out? Mine just pulled out real easy.

Ok....... Just looked at the parts breakdown and it doesn't show a top screw to lock it in or any pin or other to keep it locked in.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Griffsred

Yeah I have the whole front end taken apart. I've taken the servo horn off of one of them, but that does not help. The bell cranks are in the way. The screw just bottoms out, and I tried some penetrating lube that didn't work. Those things just don't budge.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM
full maxx

yeah mine was kinda hard to get out but you just have to work with it i think i had to pry mine out a little to get around the bell cranks but it was not much edit: you will need to remove the steering link ...forgot about that...then the bellcranks will move more out of the way
Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 AM
cobia5

I had the same problem; then pin that holds the bellcrank in place had become slightly rusted and would not slide out.
How I removed the bellcrank pin:
1. Thread a small bolt into the bottom of the pin (there are already threads in the bellcrank pin).
2. Use a pair of pliers/vice-grips to grip the end of the bolt, leave about 2mm between the chassis and the plier/vice-grip jaws and hold tight.
3. Use a screwdriver in the 2mm space to pry between the chassis and the pliers/vice-grip, this will cause the pressure to raise the bolt (attached to thebellcrank pin) away from the chassis.
4. Apply pressure evenly from the screwdriver by prying from one side then switching to the other side; slow even pressure and slowly work the pin out.

When reinserting the bellcrank pin, use some rust preventative lubricant (WD-40 or Tri-flow) to alow easy removal for the next time.