Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock Version 2!!!

Old 02-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Terry12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock Version 2!!!

If losi were to make a version 2 of the aftershock i imagine it would be something like this. for upgrades i grabbed the LST2 a-arms cv shafts, hexes, and wheels, and the LST2 high capacity tank. then i dropped in a 12 piece carbon fiber kit. to keep the rust off the car i put in a stainless steel screw kit from rc-screws. to keep the servos dry i plasti-dipped them. then to power the whole thing i droped in an axial 32 spec 1 with savage clutch shoes and stock flywheel. and since i LOVED the HT pipe so much on my M26SS i put it on the axial 32. For a radio i am using the Spektrum DX2.0 powered by a custom built 6 cell 7.2v 2650mah rx pack and 9.6v 2650mah tx pack. i am hoping to be able to pull wheelies on demand and have lot of fun back yard bashing.

this car was not designed for racing, but for HUGE TORQUE!!!!!! let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94796.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	874002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75652.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	874003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33282.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	874004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq41815.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	874005  
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aftershock Version 2!!!

all that and you dont have the gear cover or backplate....nice truck
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Terry12

i dont have the gear cover or backplate on because im waiting for it to arive, mine is in rough shape. but i dont think i would take it outside without those covers on. i was thinking of getting the rpm one but i just got the lst2 one off ebay, because i had it included in a lot of new parts from jenny's rc sport shop.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 PM
s10eater

you sir have just built my dream aftershock!

as for the grar cover, to go with your CF theme i would get the vantage racing cover.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Bria1

Why are you running a 6-cell receiver pack? Do you have a regulator to lower the voltage to 6 volts so you don't fry your receiver or servos?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Terry12

i was thinking about the vantage CF gear cover but i odt know if ic an use a back plate/cover with it. but it wouls look AWSOME!!!

the reason i ahve 6 cell 7.2 volt pack is simple. if you look the Spektrum recievers, they are able to handel up to 9.6 volts. in reality most radios can handel that voltage. the servos are nothign to worry about. most servos especially jr ones are able to handel around 9 volts as well. even though they only give you specs around 6 volts. the added voltage will give you alot more torque and alot more speed in your servos. since a 7.2 volt pack charges to about 8.2 volts i am still under the maximum of 9.6 volts and my toque is amazing. since the batteries cost me very little and all i had to do was some clean solder work i got a high end profesional quality pack for under 20 bucks. not to mention i dont feel the need to upgrade my servos because they perform better that most with this set up. i could easily run an entire gallon of fuel without the need to charge my pack. 2650mah is AWSOME!!

if you are good with soldering i highly recomend building your own pack to fit your needs.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Sugafree

The Receiver has (BEC) Battery Eliminator Circuitry So it will Only put out 6-Volts to the Servos......
Old 02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Terry12

not true. that is how that connector got its name, but not exactly how the spektrum reciever works. i even tested the servos with a voltmeter to see what voltage they were recieving under load. and it was the same as the batterypack. about 8 volts. not to mention just by using them you can see and hear and feel the difference. the reciever basically just passses through whatever voltage the pack is giving when it is on. all those power pins for the servos and the power plug are in parallel with each other. that is why spektrum sells a capacitor that you can plug into any servo plug to help maintain the batthery's voltage.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Sugafree

I was Talking about The Stock JR Radio........