Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Newbe Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
murr3001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbe Question

I'm not new to RC, I have gas boats, but I am new to this side of it, just got my new LST2 last Fri. So here is my first stupid question. I have looked at many pics of your trucks and there are some sweet one here. How do you keep them so clean? On my boats all the electronics are sealed, on this truck they are not, you just don't hose them off, do you?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Grits

Default RE: Newbe Question

Welcome. A quick spray is ok, I wouldn't drown them. there are several ways to waterproof and owning a boat I guess you have some ideas on that. I spray simple green all over and let it sit 5 or 10 minutes and then give it a quick spray down with an easy spray from yhe garden hose. Then I blow it off with a compressor and sit it in front of a fan to finish drying. I've had no problems.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: Grits

Welcome. A quick spray is ok, I wouldn't drown them. there are several ways to waterproof and owning a boat I guess you have some ideas on that. I spray simple green all over and let it sit 5 or 10 minutes and then give it a quick spray down with an easy spray from yhe garden hose. Then I blow it off with a compressor and sit it in front of a fan to finish drying. I've had no problems.
^ I clean mine about the same Simple Green> *
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 PM
dominic magri

a good idea, though its not needed, is to put balloons over every servo. this is mostly for people who drive through a lot of puddles or in rain, but if you use only a respective ammount of water, the servo's will be fine. its a good idea to park the truck infront of a fan in the garage because a normal fan doesn't have enough power to blow water into any cracks in the electronics. if you want, you can take the servo's out and put silicone sealant in between all the different pieces of the plastic shell.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 PM
megamaxx

simple green is your friend,i mx that and a little alcohol in a spray bottle and spray it down and blow it off,works pretty well for a general cleaning
Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Terry12

i dont take mine on dirt mostly the road and grass. all i use is canned air, and when the car gets really bad, i juts take the front and back end off and clean an re-grease what is necessary. i woudl like to get a compressor, that would make it REALLY EASY!!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:44 PM
murr3001

Thanks for all the tips, simple green sounds like the ticket. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. This thing is truly a blast to drive.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Muggy250r

i just take the motor, and battery out and stick it in the sink and clean away.... the servos can get wet as long as there is no power to them when they are wet... i like my truck sit for at least 24hrs after getting it wet... but i do that like 3 times a year... a good cleaning.... but normally if my truck gets dirty just let the stuff dry and then take it out another day and it will all come off...also wet grass works nicely and i spray PAM on the rear arms when i go racing... it helps some
Old 02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: murr3001

Thanks for all the tips, simple green sounds like the ticket. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. This thing is truly a blast to drive.
just got my LST2 last week as well.one bad azz truck to say the least,[>:]