Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

More Aftershock upgrade suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Calin666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Aftershock upgrade suggestions

First off, I would like to thank everybody that has given me advice. Thanks to everyone!
I would like to get some more upgrades for my Aftershock, in addition to the ones I already have which are, if I remember right:
Losi HT pipe, LST2 throttle/brake linkage, Mugen aluminum clutch shoes, blue Dynamite engine support, and fiber LST2 brake pads.

I was thinking of the LST2 upgrade kit, but I haven't broken anything serious yet, so I have taken the advice of another member, and not done that upgrade yet.
I eventually want to turn this thing into a full blown LST2, bit by bit.
Right now I can spend about $300 for upgrades.
Thanks in advance for any advice, I am pretty bad about expressing my thanks, since I am always on the road (I drive a truck and don't have much time these days to get on here and respond).
Old 02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Calin666

Default RE: More Aftershock upgrade suggestions

Wow. I must not be liked or something. I usually get at least on response within 24 hours, oh well.
Ended up getting a full Ti-Ni upgrade for the spur/pinion gears, and an upgraded back/front gear cover, new fuel lines and LST2 tank.
That's it for now
Old 02-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Warheadwc

I would by the Raminator!!!Its a beast newer aftershock kinda!!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Terry12

the lst2 upgade kit is a great idea. i put on the lst2 a-arms and hubs and cv shafts and 20mm nuts, and love it, also put on the lst2 tires and rims. i think those are really the only things off the lst2 you need. ohh, and the fuel tanks for longer run times.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:29 PM
iexion

The only thing is. is you get the LST2 upgrade kit.. your gonna end up spending more then what it cost to get a LST2 in the first place. (as in spending on upgrades)

The MAIN upgrades that are needed on any of the LST1 branded trucks (shock,baja,ram)
1. Alum clutch shoes (savage,maxlife,Losi long life shoes etc)
2. HT is a must pipe
3. LST2 throttle linkage
4. Dynamite Engine brace. I say the engine brace because it was said on these forums that it brakes really easy. I didnt pay attention to mine till i took off the center chassis plate and saw that mine was cracked to
5. Shocks . I would change from the stock shocks simply because they are just too soft
6. LST2 Spur gear set up (unless you went with TiNi gears)
7. A good battery pack will keep the servos from twitching around like crazy
Old 02-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Terry12

ebay. go to ebay. i upgraded my aftershock making it much cheeper than the lst2, all because of ebay.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Calin666

Thanks everyone!
First upgrades I did before I even finished breaking it in were all the above mentioned ones except the shocks.
I just finished installing the Ti-Ni spur and pinion gears today.
I think all that leaves me with are the LST2 shocks, and the LST2 upgarde kit, and I will get one or both of those in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for all you suggestions.