Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Amazing jump...only brke one thing, now how do I fix it? Please Help

Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Amazing jump...only brke one thing, now how do I fix it? Please Help

Old 03-22-2008, 01:50 AM
brettkrupa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing jump...only brke one thing, now how do I fix it? Please Help

Okay, today me and my buddies set up a jump for my Aftershock, I just put in a few hundred in upgrades and a new engine so I wanted to see what she could do now. I hit the jump my truck landed upside down about 40 feet away from a height of about 10-15 feet. The truck had hit the lawn upside down and then did a mad cartwheeling thrash for another 15 feet. I saw a crater in the lawn where it initially hit and thought Oh no I am gonna see some serious carnage. To my amazement here was pretty much no long term damage on the truck. The two front posts that you clip the body to on the front of the truck had fell off and were implanted in the crater so I pushed them back into the holes. The only thing that I need to replace is the piece of rubber gasket that connects the pipe and header as it ripped clean in half. I was wondering what I can fix it with? Is there something I can get from an auto-parts store that would be the right size? What is everyone else using? I don't really have a local hobby store and don't want to order something as its spring break and I want to drive!
Thanks for any help, Brett
Old 03-22-2008, 09:45 AM
mustang-04

Default RE: Amazing jump...only brke one thing, now how do I fix it? Please Help

i would imagine anything that would fit would work on somthing like that??

but if you wanna drive and theres no parts source near by you, its probably a good idea to not jump 40 feet
Old 03-22-2008, 10:39 AM
ravenlunatic

Default RE: Amazing jump...only brke one thing, now how do I fix it? Please Help

well, i know that it's called an exhuast coupleing and it's made of sillicon. try the local hardware stores for bigger siilicon tubing. just be sure not to put any sort of material that would melt easy on it, it's just a mess waiting to happen
Old 03-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Grits

A piece of automotive heater hose or maybe fuel line should work for a while. Might be a little hard to clamp down so take the pipe with you for a reference. Tight fit would be better than loose I think.