Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

what monstertruck

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 AM
str8jailbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what monstertruck

OK guys enough of this urine on the floor. Who really cares which stock truck is faster? Speed is not the only factor that makes a truck great. I can slam the biggest baddest motor I can into my LST2 and show everyone that "Hey I have the fastest truck". It could do 70mph on the straight. Try and handle something like that on a track. Durability, handling, ease of maintenance, price, parts, appearence and so much more is what makes a good moster truck. I am 33 years old and reading this post reminds me of a couple of kindergardners arguing over who has the bigger booger. Give it a rest and just help the noobs out. For that matter if you have good tech notes or set up option to help the rest of us post those. Enough with the "my dad can beat up your dad" routine.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Anomie

Let's keep the discussion friendly, shall we?

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:54 AM
arcboyz
My Feedback: (7)

the "crappy stock pipe" still manages to blast the aftershock to 43mph.
So if the aftershock does 43 mph what does the LST2 does? i always tought around 45 to 50 i havent clocked mine but i sure have smoked lots of tmaxx 3.3's lol

arc
Old 04-05-2008, 08:04 AM
tizdaz

LST2 > ALL for power/speed/durability, end of

if funds are an issue, im sure the AS will serve u well, but i can bet after a while you will wish u saved the lil extra to buy the LST2 \o/

If it's speed you really want, MT's aint for you!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:14 AM
str8jailbird

ORIGINAL: rctruckz

LST2 > ALL for power/speed/durability, end of

if funds are an issue, im sure the AS will serve u well, but i can bet after a while you will wish u saved the lil extra to buy the LST2 \o/

If it's speed you really want, MT's aint for you!
The old adage "BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE."
Old 04-05-2008, 12:27 PM
iexion

Also not forgeting that the AFT is under $400 and the LST2 is over $500.
Both trucks STOCK and out of the box, The LST2 is a faster and more durable truck (albeit i would of still like to see a kit version)

Simply put, you can take two routes,

1. Buy a LST2 and Pretty much have everything done
2. Buy a Downgraded LST and get a AFT or BAJA or RAM.

If you buy a AFT and get the basics ( HT pipe, ALUM shoes, LST2 linkage ) i dont see why the shock would be able to compete with a LST2
By yes, " THE LST2 IS A BETTER TRUCK OUT OF THE BOX, SIMPLY PUT "
Old 04-05-2008, 02:57 PM
str8jailbird

ORIGINAL: iexion

Also not forgeting that the AFT is under $400 and the LST2 is over $500.
Both trucks STOCK and out of the box, The LST2 is a faster and more durable truck (albeit i would of still like to see a kit version)

Simply put, you can take two routes,

1. Buy a LST2 and Pretty much have everything done
2. Buy a Downgraded LST and get a AFT or BAJA or RAM.

If you buy a AFT and get the basics ( HT pipe, ALUM shoes, LST2 linkage ) i dont see why the shock would be able to compete with a LST2
By yes, " THE LST2 IS A BETTER TRUCK OUT OF THE BOX, SIMPLY PUT "
I agree %100. That's why my intro into nitro MT's was with the LST2. Simply put it has all the extras I didn't have to purchase afterwords to have an awesome truck. I would LOVE to see a kit version for the LST2. I have already upgraded so many things on mine that I easily have over $1300.00 wrapped up in mine. Strange thing is that I have a bunch of guys that I run with and all of their hopped up trucks (savages, revos and warheads) are shelf queens. Why hop it up, make it look like a screaming banshee and have it collect dust on a shelf or just use it for a ballfield runner? My truck sees more time in the air coming off of the tops of slate piles than it does on the ground ! Build it, Beef it and BEAT IT!. GO LOSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
ravenlunatic

i agree that losi should have a kit option for the lst2, but since that don't i bought part by part and built my own lst2. it was fun to put it all together and having built it myself, i know the truck inside and out.