Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Compression

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:35 PM
choppaholix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression

Hello' im not sure if i have low compression on my LST2 what would be the best way to know if i have a worn ring? any help would be appreciated thanx.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Compression

Well, these motors don't have rings... however, the way I have always tested was to hold the motor in my hand (hanging on to the output shaft) tilt it and see if the engine will turn itself over with just the weight of the engine. You can feel when the piston is on the compression part of the stroke (BDC going up to TDC)... if it turns itself over, you probably don't have enough compression... if it doesn't... you might still have a problem with compression, but most likely not. Most of the time if you don't have compression, the motor will die once it gets to operating temps. (or in my case... it won't run for longer than 30 seconds regardless of needle settings)
Old 04-20-2008, 11:23 PM
full maxx

how much fuel has been through it
Old 04-20-2008, 11:46 PM
choppaholix

Thanx i appreciate your help.After posting i went back and pulled carb out and silicone it,and played with my mixtures and so far it's kicking ass.It's weird couse i tryed to spin the shaft earlier for comp and it felt weak plus like you said it would only run for 30 seconds then it would die no matter the settings.I hope was an air leak on the carb "O" ring even thou it look alright once again thanx and if it continues i'll be back.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 AM
CBM Racing

I have seen engines with what seemed like very weak compression keep on going for a long time, and some that felt good that were plain wore out. A lot of people think that once the pinch is gone, the compression is gone as well. Not true usually. Many times when the pinch is gone on a well taken care of engine the compression is still fine. Let us know how it works out and what engine it is, maybe some other problem altogether. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:02 AM
choppaholix

Its on a LST2 with a M26SS,TL427. Today i burnt about a 1/2 gallon of bluthunder fuel and i had no problems running it so far so good thanx guy's for careing.Here is a pic i do have a savage body on it but what matters is what's inside and thats a LST2 i think it looks cool and im gonna pull them stickers off and put some losi after shock ones.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74489.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	934441  
Old 04-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Sugafree

Looks Like a Aftershock to me?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 AM
arcboyz