Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Warrenty service?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:47 PM
jdm_k20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrenty service?

So I sent my Mega Baja in for warrenty about a week ago because the transmission did not shift at all and after having it in and out of my LHS about 3 times they told me to take this route. Does anyone know or have an idea of what will probably happen? Anyone know if they will try to fix it or just send me a new one?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
full maxx

Default RE: Warrenty service?

more than likely they will repair yours but if they can not then they would replace the tranny but odds are they will repair it ... losi has excellent customer service
Old 05-05-2008, 03:02 PM
2DMaxLST!!

The 2 speed assembly is external to the tranny on a LST.

My guess is one of 2 things were wrong. Grease escaped from the 2nd gear housing and caused the 2 speed shoes to slip or the 2 speed shoes needed adjusted. I would steer clear of a LHS that could not diagnose and fix this in a few moments.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
BioRev

I'm 2 years into this hobbie but have alot of experiance in mechanics and such so i've never taken my truck back to the shop even when i have 3 year warrenty. Done all repairs and changes my self correctly and cost effective.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 PM
NitroVette

It could have been in second gear the whole time due to a bad one way bearing. This happened to my Aftershock and Losi just sent me a new one way. Regardless, those are the two most likely causes and your LHS should have been able to diagnose it.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
jdm_k20

update-been almost a month in warrenty (took a while). I called the other day to find out they are sending me a brand new one . it should be here tomorrow, hopefully this one will be problem free (for now) lol.
I wonder why they couldn't fix the old one??
Old 05-31-2008, 11:23 AM
str8jailbird

Also could have been a rough spot in one of the 2 shoes causing the springs in the 2 speed to bind. This happened to my LST2 when it was new and I just cleaned them out with a drill bit by hand.