Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

sportwerks carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 04:31 PM
romper4444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sportwerks carb

Does anyone know what the deal is with the sportwerks carb for the m26ss? Is it a good upgrade, I think it might be an older upgrade for the original LST, 'cause I haven't heard anyone post about it on the forums in a while. I heard that you drop in the 9mm insert? Any info on this or if I can even still get the carb or if it only fits the older mach 26 motor will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: sportwerks carb

The Sportwerks carb is a great upgrade for any sport or MT engine. I have a m26ss in my truggy with the SW carb adn a 9mm insert and it screams. I normally run the 7.5mm when I race because its good power and good fuel. You cant go wrong with that upgrade and it really wakes the m26ss up. The stock carb is way too small to get any real good power out of the m26.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
romper4444

Default RE: sportwerks carb

Hey 2manyToys, great answer, I was hoping somebody could tell that it wakes that motor up, as i believe there is a lot of untapped potential in it. I always though of it as a bit of a dog with the "sport" OEM pipe that my raminator has and the very soft stock clutch shoes. I went to the Losi alum. shoes and it really helped, but I think I'll go to the Dynamite shoes as they feel SUPER lightwieght and I think with those big Rammy Chevron tires, I still need an even higher engagement. This truck always felt like a dog beside my savage x 4.6, but they are listed as both having 2.9hp. I'm getting off topic here but I was wondering if you new if I add the losi HT pipe or JP-3 before the carb, will I really see that much more gain? I know first hand that adding either of thoses pipes adds like 25-30% increase right across the power band. I can't see me getting another 10-15% from a carb? I could be wrong, but does ur truck have a pipe, what do you think percentage wise was the increase u saw, I'm just too damn curios about everything, sorry, thanks though. Oh and yo said any MT truck, what other motors does the carb work with? does the only spec that matters for fitment is the carb base bore diameter?