Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I want to buy a LST 2.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want to buy a LST 2.

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: HPI_Savage_RC

Hey, believe what you want.

But just for kicks, next weekend I will borrow a friend's camera, then go out to my favorite bashing area and film some 20 - 30ft high jumps.

I'm still here waiting......................

Load it up, I can't wait to see some real hardcore bashing!!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 PM
full maxx

whatever
Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Sugafree

Cracks me Up that you'd remember that Post 2D
Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 AM
aftershockAL

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

Glad to see you aren't letting any real life experiences get in the way of your ignorance.
I had several friends that WERE Savage died in the wool enthusiasts.
After 7-8 bashing sessions with my LST2, and seeing how much more of a MT the LST2 is, ALL sold their Savages, and are now proudly driving/racing LST2's.
My last remaining friend that has a Savage, wants a LST2 so badly its funny.
And his Savage even has the LST2 shock conversion on it, which most all serious Savage racers seem to go to, if not just change to LST2s
You dont even know the biggest must do to ths LST2, teh engine chassis brace, a whopping $14
HAHAHAHAHA!!, man that really made me laugh. Alos i have no experience with savages but I have an aftershock wich bashes very well. And im an inexperienced driver so i crash it allot
Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Airbus 9e

My brother inlaw landed a jump a little off....nothing crazy.....maybe 3 feet off the ground....and his Savage 4.6....new in June....bounced and flipped over forward....Broke the engine mount, and when he went to replace the mount, discovered that the mounting ear on the crankcase had cracked clear through to the crankcase.....fortunately he found a brand new 4.6 engine on Ebay for $112....

I'll keep my Aftershock....

PS....I've driven both of his Savages and I like the LST based trucks better because they handle less like a dump truck....
Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Nytro97
My Feedback: (2)

Very well said.....................................
Old 07-10-2009, 11:48 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Hey, believe what you want.

But just for kicks, next weekend I will borrow a friend's camera, then go out to my favorite bashing area and film some 20 - 30ft high jumps.

I'm still here waiting......................

Load it up, I can't wait to see some real hardcore bashing!!
Dang, 2D... dig up an ancient thread...

Of course, as we all knew... HPI_Savage_RC was just full of hot air...
Old 07-11-2009, 05:11 AM
full maxx

that aint it
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 PM
animalnut

Video: Video of me personally landing the big jumps that I posted....
Wow, that wasn't exactly what I expected, because half throttle runs at a medium sized ramp with perfect landings are going to break a highly modified LST2...

Well if you didnt see the landing, you cant tell us its a strong truck. We could jump our LST2s that high, it might break a few parts though. I could go drop mine off a high rise building, and take a pic of it in mid-air, but that doesn't prove anything.
I have personally seen many landings from that height, with both LST2s and Savages. If both trucks land perfectly, no damage will result (obviously). However, when you factor in failed backflips, or misjudged air control, I have yet to see an LST2 drive away. Savages on the other hand, almost always do.

You said something about the truck having nylon shocks rather than aluminum, well that is used because it is cheaper, not because it is stronger.
In terms of strength, yes, the aluminum shocks will be better. However, the nylon shocks have greater toughness. When it comes to shock loading of the parts, the nylon shock bodies will elastically deform and absorb energy, preventing the shock shafts from bending or snapping, as occurred so often when I ran LST shocks on my Savage.

Before you go on about the savage being tougher than the LST2, take both out yourself, rather than listen to everyone online. I cant say the LST is any tougher than the savage, because I have only tried the LST. But some people on here have owned both trucks, and they prefer the LST2.
LOL! Do you honestly think I am basing all of what I say on the opinions of others? I have bashed both, and I can tell you right now, if I have a truck 20ft in the air, and I expect to drive away and repeat the flight, that truck most definitely should be a Savage.

Glad to see you aren't letting any real life experiences get in the way of your ignorance.
Incorrect assumptions get you nowhere...

I had several friends that WERE Savage died in the wool enthusiasts.
After 7-8 bashing sessions with my LST2, and seeing how much more of a MT the LST2 is, ALL sold their Savages, and are now proudly driving/racing LST2's.
My last remaining friend that has a Savage, wants a LST2 so badly its funny.
The ONLY way this scenario can be valid is if your friends are more interested in racing than bashing, or they bash like 2DMaxLST and HerrSavage. LST2s are better racers, and I can see why some would prefer them for mild bashing. However, after my experiences, I wouldn't even consider attempting to use an LST2 for heavy bashing.

And his Savage even has the LST2 shock conversion on it, which most all serious Savage racers seem to go to, if not just change to LST2s
This proves my above point. Some racers do run the LST shock conversion, but hardcore bashers do not, because the shocks do not hold up.

You dont even know the biggest must do to ths LST2, teh engine chassis brace, a whopping $14
I was surprised when that was one of the only parts that didn't break during the liter of fuel I ran through my friend's LST2. The biggest must do for a Savage? Throttle linkage mod. Yeah, not even a durability upgrade. It doesn't need any of those.

1.) a set of A-arms(dirt cheap on e-bay, and an easy fix..)
2.) a set of hubs and knuckles
3.) the Dynamite engine brace
4.) New Era rollbar
5.) RC Raven springs..
Well said, and I hope this steers the original poster away from the LST2, and back towards the Savage.

damn dude you must really like HPI or you own stock in it atm I run a modded lst2 have done tons of repairs to savages as well as jatos and most of all the T maxx out of all these trucks the lst2 handles and holds up better than a savage and all are better then the last two traxxas (oh ya my lst2 walks on the savage)
Old 07-11-2009, 01:51 PM
DrummerMoff

Bashing you say.

Savage XL > LST2
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8923092/anchors_8924356/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#8924356]LOL. Losi LST > Any Savage[/link]
Old 07-14-2009, 05:46 AM
full maxx

no no its saLvage