Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Electric conversion LST

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:50 PM
raze44
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric conversion LST

I'm thinking about saving my pennies and buying the fine design conversion for my LST. The reason being is that I don't find nitro worth getting so frustrated over, just to have a little fun. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I know Fine Design has a conversion, but it seems a little pricey. What kind of motor, ESC, and battery would get me raceworthy performance at a relatively low cost. I figure I can ask for the chassis components to convert it for Christmas, and buy the motor or esc (maybe both) within the next few weeks. (Lawn mowing money) Also, would a LRP and Hard anodized HT tuned pipe with about 1 1/2 gallons through them be worth selling. I payed $300 for them a month or two ago.

PS. Here is a picture that made me realise electric was the way to go. Notice the E Revo in the front. Looks very painless to me.
Pic taken of the race I was at in PEI behind Great Hobbies
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45876.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	1022473  
Old 08-30-2008, 05:59 PM
ARDV8

Default RE: Electric conversion LST

Try asking here

[link=http://hdrcvideos.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=42]LST Forums - Conversions[/link]

There are a lot of poeple who have done electric conversions to LST2 on there
Old 08-30-2008, 06:27 PM
raze44

[link=http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?cPath=186_292&products_id=2335]Motor[/link]
[link=http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?cPath=184_141&products_id=2096]Battery[/link]
How do these look? Pretty good price, also, can I use a pinion instead of a clutch.(I will obviously convert to single speed) What would be best ESC wise? I was looking at the Castle Creations Mamba Monster, but is a little expensive.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM
raze44

If I do go with brushless, anyone intrested in buying all my nitro parts from my truck?
-LRP spec3 with 1 1/2 gallons through it
-Hard Anodized HT losi pipe
-Fuel tank, Cluch bell, clutch shoes, Flywheel, and any other parts I dont need.
I would sell it as a bundle. If anyone is intrested, send me a PM or something. Im not positive I will be selling it right now, but most likely will.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:34 PM
nitronut911
My Feedback: (2)

i found a pretty nice conversion on craigslist for 300 bucks. comes with the batts and engine and speed control. looked alright. type it up and seee what ya think