Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Aftershock / Muggy / LST2

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
bzinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock / Muggy / LST2

I'm trying to decide between one of the three of these trucks.

I've kinda given up on my stadium truck idea, I like my big ol' trucks too much.

What is the difference between the Mach 427 in the LST2 and the 427 in the Muggy?

How much less power does the Aftershock's 426 have?

Are all three motors pretty reliable?

Also, I may be interested in racing this next truck I get, does that limit me to the Muggy/LST2?

Thanks guys.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:11 PM
nitronut911
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Aftershock / Muggy / LST2

they all have around the same top speed and power,and the m .26ss is so much nicer than the original blue LST motor.
It depends on the answers to these questions;

Will you be racing or Bashing? If racing, go for the muggy If bashing, lst2 or aftershock

How much are you willing to spend now? If not a lot then aftershock
If you Do have the extra money for an lst2, may i suggest it. over time, you will be replacing parts on the aftershock to make it better and more loke the lst2
Personally, i saved myself the trouble and just got the lst2, havent had any major problems yet, and it is well worth it. out of every mt, its definitly the best
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Sugafree

LST2 all the way!

And the Aftershock mach 26SS is a 3 Port & comes with a Crap Pipe........ The mach 427's and the Older Blue Head mach 26 are All 7-ports....(the Teal Head Mach has a Bigger Carb 8.5mm and a High Compression Head Button....)
Old 12-11-2008, 08:08 PM
bzinfinity

Well, here is the thing.

My current lineup is a few Mini's, Savage X 4.6, and MGT 8.0 and a few other assorted old Nitros.

I've got a really good basher in the MGT 8.0, and a pretty good racer in one of my old RC10's.

I was really looking into a Revo Platinum, but I like Losi much better than Traxxas, and the lowered racing stance of the Muggy has caught my eye.

I guess the question I really should have asked is will the muggy stand up to general purpose bashing like the lst2?

I kind of like the fact that the Muggy is more like the platinum in stance and overall looks. How does the muggy compare to the LST2? I know the shocks and diff cases are plastic unlike the LST2, but I don't mind swapping those parts, really. Wopuld it cost more to setup a Muggy like an LST2 hardware wise, or a LST2 to a muggy?

I guess the LST2 to Muggy would probably be cheaper, but the Muggy is also a cheaper RTR kit, so I'm a little lost.

If the muggy will take general bashing abuse, I'm leaning that way, especially if the motor is the same as the LST2.

I also like the fact that I don't see many muggy's around, but tons and tons of LST2's.

I'm not a hardcore basher - I only tear up my old trucks, lol.

Hmmm...I just read that the muggy has only a 1 speed transmission. That threw a wrench in the gears a little bit. Do the muggy's have a bad rep for burning up clutches? Thats a big motor spinning awfully fast to only have one forward gear.

The LST2 is looking better and better. I guess I can always do some conversions, but the Muggy looks so cooooool lol.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Sugafree

Guess it Depends if you want a Truggy or a MT.... Most LST2 racers do the Muggified LST Setups More info on it here, (Long thread) Muggy Shock towers
Old 12-11-2008, 08:46 PM
bzinfinity

I think the one speed transmission settled it. I will have to save for the LST2.

Burning up a clutch all the time is just going to piss me off. I've heard LST2s are mechanically bulletproof.

Thats good for what I do.

I just noticed the Mugen wing mounts in that thread - that gets me a lot closer to the look I love about the Revo Plat and Muggy.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:13 AM
bzinfinity

Took the plunge - LST2 ordered.

I now have a MT from the big three so to speak, lol. I'm helping to bailout Associated, HPI and Losi.

I can say I've done my part to stimulate the economy.