Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Winter Boredom Killing Me.. New LST2??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 03:12 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Winter Boredom Killing Me.. New LST2??

So this online shop in Germany is selling LST2's with DX3.0 new for €499.

I'm torn right now about what to do RC-wise. On the one hand I want a CORR truck, and the SC8 would go perfectly with my RC8 and RC8T. BUT, it's simply too expensive.

On the other hand I'm kind of curious about trying something electric, even though I found my E-zilla back in the day pretty boring. An E-revo or Savage Flux would be neat, price depending..

Then there's the Baja 5T. Huge price I know, but no nitro stress.. Main issue would be part costs, and yeah the initial price might well be and let's face it is pretty much out of the question..

So back to this new LST2 idea. Even though I still run my original LST2 stock JR radio(with four receivers in four different trucks...), I could sell the Spektrum new for €150... I would then sell the Mach with filter and starter for €125. I'd hopefully be able to sell the wheels for €40, and the body for €30. That would be everything left over for €155 - basically a chassis with servos and some key spares - like the flywheel and clutch, spur gears, etc..

I have a new teal Mach and SW26 here, but just sold my OS 28, so would maybe splurge on the new LRP Z30, which I could get for a good price from England... I have plenty of bodies, tires, engines, etc.. I would only really need to buy a Dynamite brace and some yellow or RC Raven springs..

So what do you think? Sensible? On the one hand yeah the LST2 has been out a long time, but on the other I still don't think there's much out there that's better.. Plus I have all these LST2 parts laying around - too many to sell my current LST2 without losing WAY too much.. So I'm in with the LST2 for the long haul.. I don't think this new XXL is gonna be all that much better either..

I could kind of shift to having a racer LST2 and a basher LST2. My current LST2 already has RPM's, New Era rollbar, etc..

I don't know - would be a lot of work and hassle, a little risk, etc.. But hey, it'd be something to do..
Old 12-28-2008, 12:11 AM
stussman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winter Boredom Killing Me.. New LST2??

Id get it. Here they are about A$750. With the dx3 its a great buy. I will get 1 eventually.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:41 AM
SmugR

The euro is about 1/1 with the pound now so if these lot will ship to you it could work out even better

In £ http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.ph...n&ItemID=23903

In Euro http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.ph...=23903&CID=EUR

In $ http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.ph...ID=EUR&CID=USD

Edit, saw the converter after I posted, sounds like a good buy for the guys over the pond too
Old 12-28-2008, 05:17 AM
HerrSavage

Holy c.rap!! That's unbelievable.... Thanks!!..

(Got my Hyper ST Mini from them... So yeah they ship..)
Old 12-28-2008, 12:25 PM
SmugR

I want another one too, just seems so tempting when you take away the price of the dx3.0, as I want one anyway.............. but 4 lst`s is prob a bit much...............................
Old 12-28-2008, 12:32 PM
HerrSavage

I am VERY, VERY tempted.. Already answered about shipping cost - 18 Quid for shipping to Germany. Comes out to like €420 including shipping. Would cost €506 here.

I kind of want a Corr truck, but the SC8 is just too d.amn expensive..

The Nosram/LRP Z30 and a new LST2 would definitely be a barrel of fun....

[:@]

I'm going to THRASH my LST2 in the cold 2moro on a track I think. So maybe if I break a bunch of stuff I'll have even more of a reason..
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
stussman

Iam hanging to hear how the lrp z30 goes. I assume not many have them yet. Selling for A$349 here for both the pull start and bump version.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
MuggyDude

Get it! I'm sticking with mu Mug for now, I wish the Mug came with the DX3[&o]
Old 12-29-2008, 01:39 AM
HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: stussman

Iam hanging to hear how the lrp z30 goes. I assume not many have them yet. Selling for A$349 here for both the pull start and bump version.
Sucks that you're so far away.. They're going dirt cheap in England - including the Nosram version. Do you Commonwealth folk have to pay Customs for things from England??

Cuz if not, the British pound is so weak right now, www.ebay.co.uk might be worth a look...

Or check this out:

https://secure1.cyranehosting.net/mi...21&list_type=Z

Here's one from British e-bay(truggy version..):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LRP-XTEC-ZR-30-X-Competition-Nitro-Engine_W0QQitemZ370132238168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item370132238168&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18