Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Have LST2-what to get next 8 buggy or Truggy?

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Have LST2-what to get next 8 buggy or Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Nightrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have LST2-what to get next 8 buggy or Truggy?

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of LST2's and love them. Now since the next generation-Eight 2.00 of the Eight buggy and truggy is coming out, A-main hobbies has good deals on the last generation Eight. At $375 for Buggy (399-25 coupon) and $475 (499-25 coupon) for Truggy, I am really tempted to get one of the RTR's. Kindly advise what should I get. Basically I want someting that can go faster and corner better than the LST2. Also should be quite durable and parts easily available.. I plan to informally race them on a dirt track/parking lots and also light duty fun bashing. So advise which will be better, the Buggy or Truggy and why. I can assume they both have the high built quality found in the LST2.

Thanks,

Nightrunner
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Have LST2-what to get next 8 buggy or Truggy?

hey man, i bought the 8ight rtr for my first rc a little over a year ago. and i must say im glad i went w/ a top of the line rc for my first. i have a lst2 and really love it as well. i know first hand that the 8ight rtr and 8ight-t rtr (old versions) have probally got the most parts available on the internet. tons of upgrades and cheap too. my 8ight-b is probally better than a 8ight kit. ive put about $1600.00 into it. both the t and b are easily up-graded to pro version and like i said tons of good hop-up deals on the web(amainhobbies, horizon hobby, and ebay store hopmeup) as for which one to go w/ if you say you want better cornering and handleing go w/ the truggy, not to say the b is in anyway inferior to the t. but ill bet you a wider truggy set-up would handle the corners better at higher speeds. well hope this helps ya out, clay unruh
Old 02-11-2009, 04:57 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

if you have not done this yet turn 1 of the LSTs into a truggy with truggy sized wheels and tires then you will have better turning and handling to.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had mostly MT's and truggies for a while now, and recently picked up an RC8 buggy to go with my RC8T truggy..

That's a tough call. On the one hand, if you had the 8T, and assuming at least one of your LST's has been converted to 17mm, you'd have the advantage of being able to switch wheels between truggy and LST. On the other, the buggy is MORE different from the LST, so could make for more of an interesting mix-up.. Your call really - I think they can both be bashed pretty well. The buggy will probably be faster.. One of the main drawbacks of truggy racing I'm learning is tire costs... You can go through them pretty quickly...

Don't know if the buggy has the same servo-plate issues as the 8T(which leads to fried throttle servos.. You'll need to research that one..)
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 AM
stz28

Would go with the buggy.....it will help improve your driving skills, since it will require more finese to get it around the track.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Nightrunner

Thanks Guys,

Like Scott36 said, I will definitely convert one of the LST2's with truggy sized wheels. I think as Herrsavage and stz28 suggested, I am going to get a buggy for the different driving experience. This way I will use the unmodified LST2 for real monster truck type driving. The modified-LST2 for better cornering type driving, while still enjoying the MT advantages. Finally the buggy is going to be my parking lot racer and for making nice jumps on dirt tracks-kinda my drive anywhere TC car and jumper. As 1cougar1 said, parts are plentiful, I can therefore do some modifying too on the RTR.

So as soon as I log out I am ordering the Eight buggy RTR, do not want them disapearing like the LST2's did at A-main (got my second one from A-main, I think for $455 around thanksgiving with their 10% discount).

Nightrunner
Old 02-11-2009, 12:39 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a good plan.. Report back how you like it...