Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Its Not the OneWay bearing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Not the OneWay bearing....

Having some Problems with my LST2.
Engine Runs Fine, but Something in the Drivetrain is Slipping.
The Engine Revs, but the truck only rolls a few feet, all the while the engine revs Higher if I stay on the throttle, (which I Dont)

I did my homework here and I am following the correct steps.
The 3rd channel Forward/Reverse mechanism is working fine. It is not getting Stuck in between fwd and rev.
The Flywheel is not Loose.
I disassembled the 2 speed and cleaned the one way bearing.....Still have the same Problem.
Bought an entire New 2 speed assy from Jennys (new One Way) and installed it correctly.....Still have the same Problem.
The Clutch is Good (and Clean). I have a Brand New Losi Clutch that I will throw on, but like I said, the old clutch is fine.

I have a few observations that might help narrow down the Problem.

If the manual Hi/Lo switch is in Hi position, the problem is at its worst. Truck has the exact symptoms I listed in the first paragraph.
If I switch it to reverse (it WILL go in rev, but it starts to slip/rev) and back to fwd,,,,,SOMETIMES it will Grab for 30 seconds or so and accelerate. But you can tell something is not right and it starts to slip all over again.

If the manual Hi/Lo switch is in the Lo position, the truck works better. It will take off and accellerate for a bit longer/harder. But you can Hear/See that something is slipping and it starts to Rev Out again after an extended few seconds.

My guess is that the Problem is in the Tranny. Gonna have to take it apart, but I'd like some insight as to What to Look For.
Is there a Oneway bearing or slipper assy in the Tranny? Maybe the gears are chewed up?
Never opened a Losi Tranny before, so it will all be New to me.
If someone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 PM
newaddict

Default RE: Its Not the OneWay bearing....

Check if the output cups coming out of your transmission are secured. They have little set screws that secure them to the transmission shaft that runs longitudinally and if they come loose, the cups spin freely and transfer almost no power to the wheels. Also, try running a clean cloth through the one way in the 2nd gear and clean it with some fuel or denatured alcohol. The worst case scenario I can think off is both your diffs are blown but let's not jump the gun just yet. Check the transmission output cups and report back.

Btw, here is a good website that explains all the required maintenance on an lst. The transmission explanations were extremely helpful to me.

http://www.fatbearscave.net/lst/transmiss.html

Also, if you can get a quick 20second video of your truck running and exhibiting those problems, I'm sure we can diagnose it immediately.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:35 PM
MuggyDude

That sounds like your clutch is slipping badly, I would try the new one you have.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: newaddict

Check if the output cups coming out of your transmission are secured. They have little set screws that secure them to the transmission shaft that runs longitudinally and if they come loose, the cups spin freely and transfer almost no power to the wheels.

Also, if you can get a quick 20second video of your truck running and exhibiting those problems, I'm sure we can diagnose it immediately.
Damn...I feel like an Idiot!...Lol...

I'm Missing one set screw from the output shaft on the Front of my Tranny......So its Spinning......
Dont have that set screw handy. Will make a LHS run tomorrow for a replacement. Will Update the thread then,,,but Im guessing that will solve the Problem......
Lol...A BAD case of me looking for a Big problem and missing the Details[:@]
Thanks for setting me straight....Will Report back tomorrow!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:18 PM
newaddict

If its the front screw thats missing, then technically you should still get RWD. Check to see that the rear set screw is tightened down. If thats loose then it would explain your total lack of acceleration.