Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Do rc companys fix known probs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
svroddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do rc companys fix known probs?

I was thinking about gettin an aftershock. But I keep reading posts about the radio having problems. Expecially the reciver going out, also servos probs. Along with the well known one way bearing problem. I was wondering if Losi fixes problems like this in production. Or once they start producing nothing changes and the customer just has to deal with the problems?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:52 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Do rc companys fix known probs?

I have not had any of those problems. I use the JR radio on several trucks and have been using it for years with no problems. I really like the JR radio. The servos are fine and plenty of power for stock. The Aftershock is a great truck and one of the toughest trucks out.. Any engine will have one way bearing problems depending on what fuel you use. A high oil content fuel will cause more problems.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 AM
raze44
My Feedback: (1)

These are not serious problems. The pros for any Losi truck outweighs the cons. Sorry to tell you, but if anything changes on the production line, it gets cheaper. When I got my Aftershock, the 2nd speed gear had a bearing, and now I think they have bushings. But even if you do have these problems, they're easy to fix. The servos are great. The OWB does go out, which is a pain in the butt, but I think most motors will do that. I had some radio glitching problems, but those were just during break in. I can't remember what I did to fix it, but I think it may have been putting the reciever pack up front, on top of the reciever box, to reduce it arcing on the chassis.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 AM
str8jailbird

I agree with the radio. my LST2 came with a JR XS3. I am using it for the LST2, My Baja 5B SS and my Rampage MT. I love the radio. As far as them fixing problems, sometimes. When the Baja 5 B first came out it had bugs as do any new rc's. One of them was the differential and the pins for the diff cups. Later productions fixed this, mainly with the SS version but yes sometimes they buld them better. What always happend is with the gaining popularity of a certain model the aftermarket companies want to cash in. So they make "hop-ups" for commonly breaking parts. A great example would be the LST2 and the HPI Baja. There are tons and tons of aftermarket companies making hop-ups for parts that we break. Keep in mind that we, the consumers, are the ultimate product testers. The Manufacturers never will put a new model what we will. Which may be good because that makes the product somewhat more affordable vs a bash proof or race proof vehicle with sky high prices do to "upgrades". An easy thing which we all do is drive it like you stole it and when it brakes then replace those parts with upgrades. All of my Rc's are far from stock but I wouldn't have known nor dropped the cash for the upgrades had I not known what was going to break. Take it to the limits and build it up when it needs it.