Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

xxl question for xxl owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:51 PM
full maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxl question for xxl owners

how does the radio register the speed you are going, what I mean is what is on the truck to tell the transmitter how fast you are going and will it be accurate it you change the height size of the tires cause on real life cars if you go to a smaller tire the speedometer will show a faster speed even tho you are still traveling at the same speed and if you increase the size of the tires it will show a slower speed than actual ...now on real cars you have to change the size drastically to show a real diff in the speedometer but I'm thinking it would be magnified on these smaller vehicles
Old 03-19-2009, 08:13 PM
dacaur

Default RE: xxl question for xxl owners

There is a sensor that picks up a sticker that's stuck to the rear tranny outdrive. It counts the revolutions, and losi has already entered the rollout into the radio for you, so the radio takes that number times the RPM and that gives you MPH. If you change the tire size, you need to figure out the new rollout and enter it into the radio. Rollout is how far the truck moves for each revolution of whatever part you have the rpm sensor "watching"....
Old 03-19-2009, 09:42 PM
DawgBone

Mine came out of the box with the sensor/sticker on the front CVD
Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM
full maxx

well that's pretty neat I guess care would need to be taken to insure the sticker stays clean or is it magnetic
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM
full maxx

I guess it registers heat from the bottom of the cooling head ...how does it get the rpms...is it also a sticker on the flywheel maybe or is it reading the diff
Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
DawgBone

There's two pieces... one is the sensor mounted to the top plate and the other is a sticker on the CVD condom...

The temp gauge is completely different... it is looped in one of the fins on the heat sink of the engine
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM
dacaur

oops my bad, my sensor is on the front driveshaft by the diff too.... i rememberd seeing it on a shaft pointing towards the back of the truck.... [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM
full maxx

how does it tell the rpms ...if you just sit still and rev it up a little does the rpms go up a little or is it just when the truck is moving...in other words when your doing 40 and you let off the throttle does the rpms drop or continue to be high and drop off as the truck slows down
Old 03-20-2009, 08:32 AM
nitrojimbo

It drops off as the truck slows down. That's why they made a clutch, so you don't always have to be moving.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: full maxx

how does it tell the rpms ...if you just sit still and rev it up a little does the rpms go up a little or is it just when the truck is moving...in other words when your doing 40 and you let off the throttle does the rpms drop or continue to be high and drop off as the truck slows down
well with where they have the sensor on the XXL, it will only register if the truck is moving. Its on the front driveshaft, so if you are going 40 and let off the throttle, it will continue to be high and slowly go down as the truck slows down, even though the engine is already at an idle. if the sensor were on the flywheel, then it would drop suddenly when you let off the throttle.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:39 PM
full maxx

ORIGINAL: nitrojimbo

It drops off as the truck slows down. That's why they made a clutch, so you don't always have to be moving.
huh