Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

losi raminator

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:00 AM
mogi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi raminator

hi im getting back into monster trucks and will be getting a raminator soon,what upgrades do you guys think i will need or is it ok out of the box? Also how is the standard engine. thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Encountr

Default RE: losi raminator

Hey

i own an Aftershock, basicaly the same truck but with JR radio instead.

Its awesome. I suggest you get a good tune pipe, like the Losi HT pipe. I have an HPI polished +.21 pipe and it rocks but everybody says that the HT is the best to get. The engine is kept asleep with the stock pipe. Swapt that for any tuned pipe and is should be night and day.
The engoine is rock solid, easy to tune, and perform very well (with the right tune pipe)

Also, you gcan get the LST2 throttle/brake linkage and the LST2 2nd speed gear hub.

Thats basicaly what i did to mine and all issues are gone.

Eventually, you'll want RPM arms and a NewEra roll-cage...

Some will suggest you get an engine brace as the stocker one may crack on a bad landing... I did not have that issue (yet) and trust me when i say a had bad landings... But if you have the money, get it so you'll be sure you wont strip your spur gear.

The Aftershock/LST/Raminator are all very good truck. They handle very well, they perform very well, and they can land big jump no problem.

I love my Aftershock. It kick *****.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:46 AM
full maxx

get some aluminum spindles for the front as I went through a half a dozen before I got aluminum also lunsford turn buckles for the steering linkage
Old 04-12-2009, 09:00 AM
MaddMatt

Get The HT pipe first, then get a good aluminum clutch. That will really set of the m26ss engine, You will be pulling wheelies with no problem.