Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Weekend bashing only, When is a nitro truck not covered under warranty and consider wear-and-tear?

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
30 Days 1/2 gallon
55.56%
45 Days 3/4 gallon
0%
60 Days 1 gallon
0%
75 Days 1 1/4 gallon
22.22%
90+ Days
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Weekend bashing only, When is a nitro truck not covered under warranty and consider wear-and-tear?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weekend bashing only, When is a nitro truck not covered under warranty and consider wear-and-tear?

Ok, so I've had another bad day of bashing. After replacing the first broken differential and putting truck back together, today was the first real good day of running the truck around. Today the front wheel flew off and lost the wheel hex pin. Rigged it to run and then broke the pin that holds the rear Diff Outdrive on. Called Horizon Hobby and the guy complained because I'd allready called twice before. So I had to explain to him why I had called. First time was a Broken Diff ring and pinion in the differential and the second was the broken Scroll Button on the DX3S radio, (which I shipped in to be repaired). The guy told me that this could all be wear and tear and not covered under warranty. Well, unfortunately I blew up at him and said there's no reason a $700 truck is going to be breaking these parts after a gallon of nitro. I told him if that was the case I'd rather take it back to the LHS and get my money back and buy something else. He thought that was a little extreme. In the end he said the parts were in stock and being sent to me. He seemed a bit reluctant. Am I wrong for depanding these parts be replace? I know next time I will be responsible for any parts breaking but when I buy something that's RTR I expect to not be breaking these parts allready. I don't know. . . . Kinda lost here.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 PM
geepfreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weekend bashing only, When is a nitro truck not covered under warranty and consider wear-and-tear?

abuse is abuse. have you looked at you tube before? not tring to be a smart *****, but the reallity is that people beat the hell out of trucks.Break stuff, then complain. but always says they were not doing anything too hard on the truck.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 PM
bigblock454XXL

Default RE: Weekend bashing only, When is a nitro truck not covered under warranty and consider wear-and-tear?

ORIGINAL: geepfreek

abuse is abuse. have you looked at you tube before? not tring to be a smart *****, but the reallity is that people beat the hell out of trucks.Break stuff, then complain. but always says they were not doing anything too hard on the truck.
Right . . . . . I understand that part. How about I say I ran it the same way I ran the 3 T-maxx's I owned. Abuse? No. Beat the hell out of it? Um. . . . No. Speaking of youtube, is their anyone in the US that hasn't. Check mine out, username johnnyZ34. I have MaddMatt to comfirm the way I treat my trucks. I clean them after every run and if anything is broke I fix it immediatly. If I was too hard on them I would imagine he respects me enough to say so, and he's got 3 times the experience I have. Heck he talks me into most of the stuff I do. He talked me into getting the XXL in the first place.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 PM
bigblock454XXL

Saturday will be 30 Days and a Gallon and 1/2. I used 1/2 Gallon for break-in.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 PM
full maxx

yeah I would think the warranty is it will work when you get it not after because 1. my genesis went runaway into a pond behind my house , I had to jump in after it , they said a run away is not covered under warranty , then 2 weeks after, the glo plug came apart and destroyed the piston and head button and they said it was not covered because the truck went into the water regardless that I completely disassembled the engine and thoroughly cleaned it with nitro fuel and after run oil and reassembled it and had been driving it 2 weeks when the filament came out of a cen plug 2. I bought my son a mini lst2 for his birthday took it out of the box to let him see it and the front wheel broke off at the threaded axle stub...had not even charged the battery and installed it in the truck yet and the guy at horizon said its not covered under warranty ...after talking to his boss and noting the time of the call and sending a copy of a 45 minute old receipt from the hobby store thirty minutes from my house they gave in and sent the parts for free...this tells me that they have also seen videos of what people do to these trucks and think everybody tries to destroy them and they try to get out of giving away free parts if they did not give some resistance then everybody would try to get everything that broke replaced for free...however I bought new servos for the steering in my lst2 and about a month later one stopped working and I called horizon and told them and they said send it in with the proof of purchase , I did and they sent me a new one no questions asked...so in actuality I think they look at it on a case by case basis and just make a judgment call and I'm sure they keep a record of all calls for repair by your phone number or name or something and I guess if you call alot they are more likely to try to get out of sending free parts
Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 PM
full maxx

all of this about the radio and what not is kinda making me a little hesitant to get one and that sucks because I only wanted the radio and the telemetry ...my next mill is gonna be a spec 3 anyway since it is the same as the 454
Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 AM
bigblock454XXL

Yes the case-by-case thing is true and I was even told that. It seems there's people out there that would abuse the Warranty policy and try to get free stuff. I can't and don't. I couldn't live with that on my conscience. I'm not in this to get free parts and to make money off the unexperienced. But if something breaks on my truck and I feel it shouldn't have, I'm going to request it be fixed or they send me replacement parts. Business is booming, and if they want mine, they better treat me right or I'll take my business to the next company. I actually miss my T-Maxx's and might go back to Traxxas depending on what this summer brings. It's all about having fun in a favorite past-time. I know I wouldn't want to be the one to ruin it for everyone else.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM
full maxx

I can't speak for traxxas but my lst2 has been trouble free , I guess because I am not as hard on it as I see a lot of people ...after reading and watching videos I would consider myself to be a light to medium basher as I would like to keep mine running for as long as possible , IO'm not out to test the limits and see what I can break I just want it to be a fun experience and I had a jump at my last house that would get the truck about 4-6 feet off the ground and go as far as 20-25 feet in distance and my wife said it was being destructive and when it breaks it will have to sit a while before we can afford to fix it but after watching the same videos and seeing the price of parts and the durability of the truck she don't really mind anymore ...a rx battery has been my most expensive fix from bashing and I think that is from being bounced around at 40mph
Old 04-18-2009, 12:00 PM
dgz69er

ORIGINAL: geepfreek

I very much agree with that statement. I have watched a ton of video's on youtube, and ever here on rcu of people bashing their stuff, and not to sound like a douche, but many of them can't control their rc's for crap. Watch them hit the same jump 10 times in a row and only land it once. Stuff will break because of that. Learn how to drive, learn air control, and when you do make a vid. Don't show us all the crashing you can do. Show us the awesome jumps that you have landed, or a really spectacular crash.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Sugafree

If the Truck is New and came with Faulty parts ..... Sure most Company's will Replace a few Parts (Although 9 outta 10 times it's User Error )

The Radio Gear and Servos have a 3 year Warranty........... The Rest of the Truck after you've started it........ your on your own...........
Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 PM
MaddMatt

None of the running I have seen Bigblock put this truck through is anything that I would call Extreme, or anything more demanding than a typical day of serious racing. All the running we do is on my own track or around the yard, the rest of it is flat out black top drag racing. When the first diff failed on his truck I thought it was just a fluke, maybe not shimmed properly at the factory. But now he has another one broken down,.. I dont think there should have been any question from Losi tech support at all. I'm starting to think that they put the truck out on the market with out putting it through enough testing. They should have sent him the heavy duty diff housings to replace his diff set after it failed the first time... just because it might be a problem. Myself I wouldn't even bother using the stock replacement parts they send. But for $650 you shouldn't have to rebuild the drivetrain of the truck to get it to handle the power of the stock engine. The heavy duty diff housings should be stock on the truck and maybe the Titanium diff gear set should be too. I also don't think the scroll button problems that are happening on these Dx3 systems is a totall bunch of crap.. I went out and bought one of these systems because I thought I was getting a premier radio system, and to have a three cent plastic part fail and put my truck out of service EVER, is un-acceptable. But after seeing these problems with bigblocks truck, I think my next truck will be a MGT 8.0 or maybe a Traxxas Slayer.. I was ready to pick up a new LRP .28 or .30 but now I'm affraid to do it for fear of tearing up the diffs or Tranny gears. I have a tweaked 427 teal head on the truck now, and it will carry the front end of the truck already... I don't know how you guys are getting away with running these spec 3's and axial .32's. I can't stop breaking body posts on this truck now with the m26ss and the new 427...