Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

rc raven

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
full maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc raven

well to say the least I am not overly impressed about the dual rate springs at least not yet...or maybe it was because I had yellow losi springs and had the preload screwed down a good ways so I unscrewed them all the way back out to put on the rc ravens and they are not able to support the truck just sitting so I ran a tank out anyway and it had real bad body roll and the tires would not stay on the ground in turns, accelerating or breaking...but tomorrow is another day well after I put in a compressor anyway so it looks as if I will get the sway bars next week unless screwing down on the pre loads has a major effect but I for sure want tighter suspension and all four wheels on the ground when turning.....I had the yellow springs turned down so far that when I took them off they were about an inch shorter than the ravens standing on the table so I will turn them down a little at a time and see how it goes
Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
thef@st1

Default RE: rc raven

ive had the yellow springs for about a year and didnt put alot of preload in em and they still shrunk in a year. i just bought those duel rates too. i hope there not as bad as you make em sound, but for 8 bucks cant complain.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 PM
full maxx

well I had alot of preload on the yellow springs but tomorrow will tell, the threaded shock bodies have permanent dirt lines where the yellow were set at, so I know where they were... also if you collapse the shock completely there is an inch and a half or so you can adjust the preload without the springs bottoming out, so I will be able to get it like I want it I think, but I am still gonna get the sway bars next week...I just think these trucks have too much play in the suspension for my liking, however I have only broken one a-arm and that was hitting a street sign at about thirty mph, and don't get me wrong I love my truck I just want tighter suspension, I now realize all the jumping I have done has bottomed out the truck every time
Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my Raven springs. I have never broken a shock in two years, and attribute it mostly to the springs. I've never run a lot of preload - maybe 1/2 an inch..

Also, what oil are you running? Maybe time for a change? (Look who's talking - I've never changed mine... [X(])

I think I have 30 or 35, and with the Ravens the suspension is perfect - still, after all this time..

I had yellow springs on my Muggy. Was a bit stiff honestly, but granted the Muggy shocks are shorter. I did break a Muggy shock too...
Old 05-02-2009, 07:54 AM
MaddMatt

My rear springs are at the top of the shock body, and my front springs are down about a half an inch, just enough to make the truck jump more on the level. I'm trying to keep the ride height as low as I can... What weight oil is in your shocks? I run a pretty heavy oil. I run the sway bar kit as well, and dont think I have any problems with wheels lifting in the corners, The sway bars are super adjustable. and really not a lot of coin. You really can't lose. They are very noticeable when you first put them on, as far as the truck handling. Remember these race trucks aren't bought they are built and modded! I say go for it...
Old 05-03-2009, 02:50 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to be off-topic, but how are the sway-bars moddable? I recently got a second LST2 to b a racer, and have the lightest swaybar in the rear(seems to be the most common LST2 racing setup..), and to be honest don't notice a big difference..